Forums Archive Roleplaying Chatter General RPG Stuff YSDC Audio Games – Then and Now

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear

I had an enquiry recently about the different methods for recording “actual plays” and ways of improving sound quality.

To satisfy my own curiosity I decided to compare the sound quality from YSDC’s first major campaign recording (Masks of Nyarlathotep, 2005) to that of our current game (Beyond the Mountains of Madness 2nd edition, 2012).

This is the result: Masks 2005 vs BtMoM 2012 (MP3, 2 M:cool:

Somewhat different after, well, more years than I care to think about![/i]

swj719
    • Succubus

This reminds me that it has been far, far too long since I have visited YSDC…

undecided44
    • Bullywug
    PaulofCthulhu wrote:
    I had an enquiry recently about the different methods for recording “actual plays” and ways of improving sound quality.

To satisfy my own curiosity I decided to compare the sound quality from YSDC’s first major campaign recording (Masks of Nyarlathotep, 2005) to that of our current game (Beyond the Mountains of Madness 2nd edition, 2012).

This is the result: Masks 2005 vs BtMoM 2012 (MP3, 2 M:cool:

Somewhat different after, well, more years than I care to think about![/i]

Thanks for the comparison Paul. Has the BtMoM game audio been released to the public, or is it patrons only? Sorry, but personal finances dictate that I stay a moocher for a while, and I’m interested to know how Fin’s guided tour of the antarctic is treating the Innsmouth House Players.

swj719
    • Succubus
    undecided44 wrote:
    I’m interested to know how Fin’s guided tour of the antarctic is treating the Innsmouth House Players.

I’m going to guess “not well”…

PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear
    undecided44 wrote:
    Thanks for the comparison Paul. Has the BtMoM game audio been released to the public, or is it patrons only? Sorry, but personal finances dictate that I stay a moocher for a while, and I’m interested to know how Fin’s guided tour of the antarctic is treating the Innsmouth House Players.

Two episodes are out publicly, we’re playing our 16th session, tonight.

swj719
    • Succubus
    PaulofCthulhu wrote:
    undecided44 wrote:

Two episode are out publicly, we’re playing our 16th session, tonight.

Would it be spoilers to tell us how many people Neil has killed via bad rolls?

🙂

undecided44
    • Bullywug
    swj719 wrote:

🙂

I was actually thinking about planes damaged, or ships sunk as a result of bad roles.

PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear
    swj719 wrote:

🙂

It would. 😉

swj719
    • Succubus
    undecided44 wrote:
    swj719 wrote:

🙂

I was actually thinking about planes damaged, or ships sunk as a result of bad roles.

If the other players allow Neil to even be NEAR the controls for such things, they deserve whatever happens to them. 🙂

Fin
    • Thri-kreen

I could hardly believe it when they let Neil create the pilot character!

Still, Neil’s due a change of luck sometime!

swj719
    • Succubus
    Fin wrote:

You’re fucking kidding me…

swj719
    • Succubus
    PaulofCthulhu wrote:
    undecided44 wrote:

Two episodes are out publicly, we’re playing our 16th session, tonight.

BTW, where would one go to listen to these? I can’t seem to find the podcast feed for the 2 games that are out…

Mordion
    • Orc
    swj719 wrote:
    BTW, where would one go to listen to these? I can’t seem to find the podcast feed for the 2 games that are out…

I can’t find the non-patron feeds either, but you can download them individually here. http://www.yog-sothoth.com/local_links.php?catid=19

edit: Also, here: http://www.yog-sothoth.com/threads/12280-Patron-Temptation-Thread?p=247815#post247815

And it looks like there won’t be an rss feed for the public downloads.

PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear
    Fin wrote:

Ahhh, yes, Neil’s pilot character. 🙂

Things have gone… well, that would be spoiling things!

errand
    • Gelatinous Cube

Do you have them on iTunes podcast section?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘General RPG Stuff’ is closed to new topics and replies.