Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter Whartson Hall Gamers What are Whartson Hall up to?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    BigJackBrass
    • Drider

For the interested, the idle and those who simply must read every forum post, I thought that we might let slip the occasional update from the hallowed Hall.

Our current ongoing games are SLIDEWAYS, using the Fudge RPG, and Delta Green, which manages to be a little more confusing by ditching the Call of Cthulhu rules in favour of Savage Worlds. Then we ditch Savage Worlds and play it with HeroQuest instead 😀

Unavoidable real world events led to a slight change around this week, so Weasel stepped up this evening to chair a first session of In a Wicked Age for us. Very interesting, this one, a game where the setting, adventures and characters arise at the start of the game rather than any parts having been planned in advance. And it’s player vs. player, which is obviously an enormous challenge for us 😉

The files are waiting patiently in the queue and you should be seeing them start to emerge before too long.

Keener
    • Drider

Thank you Mr. BJB (or BGB what ever you prefer 😈 ) looking forward to the WHG week. 😀

Mordion
    • Orc

I’m also quite keenly looking forward to Whartson Hall week, and am at this very moment re-listening to Hollow Earth in anticipation. 🙂

Are any of the new games showcasing Ross, Zoe or the Lovely Emma, or shall we be forced to listen to more hum-drum stuff with just the four of you? 😉

Anonymous
    • Owlbear

Thanks for the detailed update. Looking forward to the games, particularly hearing how the one played out over three systems turned out! 🙂

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

I can confirm that Ross and The Lovely Emma do make appearances when their schedules allow, usually in our Monday games (so in SLIDEWAYS but not in Delta Green, for example).

Hafwit
    • Thri-kreen

Thanks for the update. I’m looking forward to it. 🙂

Isis
    • Succubus

Always good to hear some Wharty news, thanks.:D

Looking forward to the return of SLIDEWAYS.

philbass
    • Orc

Hurrah for SLIDEWAYS.

Thank you and best wishes to all at the Hall.

PhilBass

Paws_McNasty
    • Flumph

Glad to here there’s more of the good stuff coming. In A Wicked Age is rather exciting. It’s a neat little game and I’m curious to hear how others approached it.

Isis
    • Succubus

Looking forward to the Wharts On All Week. 🙂

BigJackBrass
    • Drider
    Isis wrote:
    Looking forward to the Wharts On All Week. 🙂

And in case any of you have inexplicably missed it, Hal has started the audio avalanche! The first flood (sorry, mixing my natural disasters here) has hit the Patrons’ area and we can look forward to the files being made available on the main site very soon.

Many thanks to Hal for getting this together; and best wishes to the currently rather poorly Lindsay, who has contracted the Dreaded Lurgi.

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

It’s done at last! The second lot of sessions of SLIDEWAYS finished this evening, bringing the whole story to a close. No Ross or The Lovely Emma due to scheduling conflicts, but the original trio of Sara (Suzi), Martin (Gordon) and Weasel (Cheon Sok) were there at the end. What a long, strange trip it’s been 😉

Jodast
    • Thri-kreen

Thanks for the updates, BJB. SLIDEways has been my favoruite game, as I may have mentioned once or twice 😀 so more of that will be nifty. I gathered from references Martin made during other recordings that a DG game was under way. I can’t wait to hear that. Spooky goings on a la Whartson Hall, can’t be bad. Well obviously it could be catastrophic, but that’s always part of the charm of games from the Hall.

So we’re due a second helping of Wharts On All Week as well as offerings from the many other groups who contribute. My hard drive is groaning at the prospect! *nudge nudge wink wink*

Keener
    • Drider

Don’t nudge to hard it might blow out another graphics card. 😀

Hafwit
    • Thri-kreen

SLIDEways pretty much is the best of the best. The story with the icebound ship was particularly good.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 76 total)
  • The forum ‘Whartson Hall Gamers’ is closed to new topics and replies.