Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter Whartson Hall Gamers Whartson Hall – An Overview of the Residents

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #589282
    swj719
    • Posts : 2534
    • Succubus

    Ah…

    The games posted by Hal from his group are recorded in the US (Texas) while the Warston Hall and Accordlands groups are in the UK…

    #589283
    BigJackBrass
    • Posts : 4638
    • Drider
    RannXerox wrote:
    I understand that these podcasts are done in the UK. Beautiful country, just got back from there last year (Bath and London). I notice a few have American accents. How did you met up with your group of gamers and have you every had issues understanding each other?

    Hi RannXerox; and welcome to the forums.

    As swj179 has said the games are recorded in the UK and the USA. Hal and Lindsay moved over to Texas (and consequently most of the players in their games are American) and one or two other recordings are by American groups, whereas the Whartson Hall group and the Bradford folks are still UK based. Of course, whether Texas is part of the United States is one of those questions on which some Texans have very strong views, so I’ll just stick to what’s drawn on my world map 😉

    Speaking for the Whartson Hall gamers, we’re a mixture of people who already knew each other (school chums and habitués of amateur dramatics groups,) people who are married to or almost married to each other and people who met through a local games store (Fanboy 3 in Manchester. I signed up for a RuneQuest 3 game called “Duck Patrol” and was introduced to several fascinating souls that way.)

    We started recording our games partly for our own reference but also because I was a regular listener to the output of this site, Yog-Sothoth and The Rolemonkeys. It would have been selfish not to inflict our ravings on the world 😀

    As for not understanding each other… happens all the time 😉

    #589284
    Isis
    • Posts : 2150
    • Succubus

    Of course, just to confuse things, Hal and Lindsay pop up in everyone else’s recordings occasionally, and are in the chronologically earlier UK ones.

    Fin is in all of them.

    😀

    #589285
    RannXerox
    • Posts : 4
    • Commoner

    Ha. I was born and raised in Florida so do not have much of a southern accent but living in Michigan my co-workers find my frequent use of “ya’ll” quite funny. (you-all, I swear its a word).

    Wow, Texas, talk about culture shock for the UK guys 😀

    Thanks for the welcome. I don’t get to play much, other then talking my daughters into a game, so the podcasts help me to get my gaming fix in!

    #589286
    BigJackBrass
    • Posts : 4638
    • Drider
    RannXerox wrote:
    Ha. I was born and raised in Florida so do not have much of a southern accent

    Well of course not. Everyone in Florida has a New York accent… 😉

    (That’s according to a friend of mine from Florida, by the way. Personally I can’t say I noticed, but then I used to live in New York.)

    #589287
    BigJackBrass
    • Posts : 4638
    • Drider
    Isis wrote:
    Fin is in all of them. 😀

    We’re feeling terribly left out at the Hall. Might have to invite the fella over 🙂

    #589288
    Keener
    • Posts : 4977
    • Drider
    BigJackBrass wrote:
    Isis wrote:
    Fin is in all of them. 😀

    We’re feeling terribly left out at the Hall. Might have to invite the fella over 🙂

    Your not official until Fin has played in at least one of your games

    #589289
    swj719
    • Posts : 2534
    • Succubus
    BigJackBrass wrote:
    RannXerox wrote:
    Ha. I was born and raised in Florida so do not have much of a southern accent

    Well of course not. Everyone in Florida has a New York accent… 😉

    HA!

    #589290
    Martimus
    • Posts : 602
    • Gelatinous Cube

    There was talk at the Brum Expo earlier this month of inviting some of the Bradford guys down for a game. Whartson Hall’s face lift is nearly complete (well the really messy bit anyway) so hopefully, getting Fin et al down for a game might be more of a reality later this year:)

    Oh and welcome to the fold Rannxerox 🙂

    #589291
    5monkeys
    • Posts : 419
    • Thri-kreen

    Strictly speaking, Fin and some of the Whartson Hall people have been in a recorded game together: The Living Dungeon video taht Paul of Cthulhu made. 🙂

    #589292
    centauri
    • Posts : 1275
    • Owlbear
    5monkeys wrote:
    Strictly speaking, Fin and some of the Whartson Hall people have been in a recorded game together: The Living Dungeon video taht Paul of Cthulhu made. 🙂

    Six Degrees of Fin-estration. Every gamer in the world has either been in a game with Fin, or been in a game with someone who has been in a game with Fin, or so on.

    What’s your Fin Intersection Number (FIN)?

    #589293
    Keener
    • Posts : 4977
    • Drider
    centauri wrote:
    5monkeys wrote:
    Strictly speaking, Fin and some of the Whartson Hall people have been in a recorded game together: The Living Dungeon video taht Paul of Cthulhu made. 🙂

    Six Degrees of Fin-estration. Every gamer in the world has either been in a game with Fin, or been in a game with someone who has been in a game with Fin, or so on.

    What’s your Fin Intersection Number (FIN)?

    Yeah it’s like a cult. :punish:

    #589294
    TomBedlam
    • Posts : 220
    • Orc
    centauri wrote:
    Six Degrees of Fin-estration. Every gamer in the world has either been in a game with Fin, or been in a game with someone who has been in a game with Fin, or so on.

    What’s your Fin Intersection Number (FIN)?

    I was at Gen Con when Paul, Fin and Neil went. Sadly, I never played in a game with them since they didn’t role-play the whole week end. Gen Con is particularly bad for games if you don’t/can’t preregister.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • The forum ‘Whartson Hall Gamers’ is closed to new topics and replies.