Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    BigJackBrass
    • Drider

File Name: Weirdzone Session 02

File Submitter: BigJackBrass

File Submitted: 12 Mar 2015

File Category: Forgotten Futures

Genre: Steampunk

Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

https://www.rpgmp3.com/files/game_recordings/Whartson_Hall_Gamers/ForgottenFuturesV_02.mp3

Forgotten Futures: Weirdzone 02: The Elephant Gun in the Room

ForgottenFuturesNewCoverImage_zps088aae62.jpg

Separated by many miles, yet brought together through remarkable advances in SCIENCE, the Whartson Hall Aethernauts embark on a voyage to wondrous futures past!

Lady Parkhurst finds an unexpected ally lurking in the loft and the two of them set off bravely (more or less) to sort out the dinosaur infestation. The new arrival proves to be every bit as helpful as you might expect.

The Game: Forgotten Futures by Marcus L. Rowland. The adventure setting is adapted from Weirdzone by Richard Tucholka and Tri Tac Games. Karma Kards are published for various systems by aethereal FORGE; we used the 2d6 version here.

Intro and outro musical excerpts are by that most splendid gentleman Professor Elemental, used with his kind permission.

The Whartson Hall Aethernauts play through the Google+ Hangouts facility rather than face-to-face in a room. Despite our intensive efforts, listeners may find some reduction in sound quality as a result. This is primarily due to the lack of decent recording equipment in the later Cretaceous Period.

The Players:

Amelia: Lady Lettie Parkhurst

Nick: ”Earwig” Carnehan

Jon: The GM

Click here to download this file

Keener
    • Drider

Thank you BGB, Hal et al. I haven’t posted in quite awhile but I love the audio files as always and I am looking forward to more from you and the BAGgers

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

Thank you BGB, Hal et al. I haven’t posted in quite awhile but I love the audio files as always and I am looking forward to more from you and the BAGgers

Nice to see you again 🙂

riddles
    • Succubus

Who triggered the Keener bot?!! 🙂

We’re all coming back out of the woodwork! 😀

kendoyle659
    • Thri-kreen

I have to take my hat off to the combat skills that were displayed by the (dis)honourable Earwig in this episode. I am wondering exactly which Regiment he was part of? The 3rd Tourist Snappers maybe?

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

When people ask why I like the randomness of dice in my games, I shall direct them to this session. Purest magic from Nick’s sixes 😀

kendoyle659
    • Thri-kreen

Yup. The increased resignation as Nick realised the futility of having created a combat monkey was great.

Lucky_Strike
    • Orc

Great slapstick Michael Caine imagery here.

Alfie on slick tile floor.

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

Great slapstick Michael Caine imagery here.

Alfie on slick tile floor.

Will we ever find what it’s all about, I wonder…?

Lucky_Strike
    • Orc

Perhaps the probability lords will smile next time and we will have a professional performance worthy of an Italian Job wherever le manoir étrange arrives next.

Hafwit 2.0
    • Orc

I love these games. They take place in a nightmare world.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Sounds a bit like BJB is trying to recreate S.L.I.D.E.Ways, set in a dimension-hopping country manor – but since that was one of the finest Whartsie campaigns in recorded history, that is certainly a lofty goal worth striving for. 🙂

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

Sooner or later all of my games turn into dimension-hopping ones, going right back to my first fantasy setting. In this case I at least have the excuse that I’m using somebody else’s published campaign material 🙂

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

It was gratifying to hear that BJB has also noticed the similarities of a certain pair of site members & audio contributors – @[member=”Nick T. Vegan”] and @[member=lordof1] are both named Nick, and they both love (mentioning) something that rhymes with “knock”. 😉

2kfoch.png

Oh, and they also both have a tendency to make dreadful jokes, and a slight temper. 🙂

fqg5v.png

kendoyle659
    • Thri-kreen

Just relistened to the first session of this. A remark was made that people tended to choose titles or there would be a “Comedy Cockney”. A moment of prescience if ever there was one.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.