Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter 20 Weeks of Hell Week 4: Star Trek: The Next Generation

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

I have played this one and I thought it was a true terror of a system that left players just sat around wondering what they should roll for next. Too many skills and too much dice rolling for my liking.

Star Trek: The Next Generation One Off and Discussion

Live Long … and Prosper 🙂

Hal :hal:

GMdave81
    • Flumph

Character creation was a pain.

After that the system never really got in the way, but it wasn’t exactly super stellar either.

Oh, but I did adore the system for ship stuff, espically with the transference of power and the like, and how every crew member can get involved.

thad
    • Thri-kreen

If you were really ST geeks, you would know that Picard still captains the Enterprise and Riker (with wife Troi) captains the Titan.

GMdave81
    • Flumph

Hey now..

My Star Trek Game took place further in the Future after Picard had retired, and Riker was now Captain of the Enterprise.. 😛

Nauthiz
    • Flumph

Besides, a lot of trekky info I found when I was doing character prep for the game disregard that whole “Titan” business as non-canon 😉

Thing
    Admin
    • Drider

I thought this was rather fun to listen to, but it was a bit odd to me hearing someone do characters from the TV shows where I have strong memories/associations with the actors and their voices.

GMdave81
    • Flumph

And thats kind of the Rub really isn’t it?

I mean if your playing Star Trek, most likely your gonna want to be on the Enterprise.

I went with TV characters as NPC’s since it was a 1 shot and I wanted the players to just immidetly know who everyone was. Had this been an actual campaign, most likely I would of went with entirely new characters, as I’d have time to build them up and have detailed backgrounds for them.

I hear that my Deanna Troi impression though, is quite good. 😆

Thing
    Admin
    • Drider
    GMdave81 wrote:
    I hear that my Deanna Troi impression though, is quite good. 😆

Well then I guess I can be thankful it was an audio only game. 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘20 Weeks of Hell’ is closed to new topics and replies.