Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter Warhammer Warhammer – The Thousand Thrones Session 10

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Sorry for running the first incident of Fate Points like a death. Chris was unsure if he was going to “bring his character back” and their is always the option of not spending the Fate Points.

I have been wondering if perhaps they would be better used as a GM mechanic. If I kept the totals of their Fate Points and then fudge the rolls that might kill them and crossed them off I think it would be a lot less cumbersome (ponders)

Then it could truly seem like luck.

Hal :hal:

Balgin
    • Succubus

Another good way to look at Fate Points is this: the little boy from Jurassic Park. During the course of that film he should’ve died 3 or 4 times.

1: The boy and the girl are in a car. The Tyranosaurus Rex flips the car over, smashing all the windows. Somehow it doesn’t pull them out and eat them.

2: The same tyranosaurus rex pushes the same car off the edge of the bridge. The car falls a long way down and both the children miraculously emerge unharmed.

3: The boy climbs up an electric fence he’s been told not to climb. He takes a lethal dose voltage elecrtci shock which hurls him from the fence (and a long way down to the ground). A little CPR and he’s ine!

4: The boy is in ametal kitchen cabinet and a veloceraptor charges at him. Not only does he have faster reactions than acharging veloceraptor which allow him to slam the door in it’s face, but his reactions are so good he can free there screaming and only slam the door just as it’s about to arrive.

After the second time I really wanted ihm to die. After the third it was just rediculous. Almost a running joke.

Most PC’s in WFRP don’t get more than 2 fate points.

Sonyakdragon
    • Flumph

I thought it worked out alright after all the patrons at the bar thought he was dead after all he was bleeding like a stuck pig but maybe the priest should have played it that he wasn’t quit dead but was close to death the whole “his soul is almost departed from his body” run around. But then Chris wouldn’t have gotten to make a bandage thong 😆

And I belive that the guys live to screw up Lindsay’s hard worked plans. And a question for Hal is Ulrich ummm milk addictive? just wondering what would happen if he started to give it to the party alot

Balgin
    • Succubus
    Sonyakdragon wrote:
    but maybe the priest should have played it that he wasn’t quit dead but was close to death the whole “his soul is almost departed from his body” run around.

Well that would have almost been getting a little bit too much high magic for the Old World.

Sonyakdragon
    • Flumph

Not really more of the it’s in the gods hands or he might might not live kinda thing like the phrases used by healers in the middle ages where if you took a bad hit they dumped you in a bed cleaned the wound (if your were lucky) and waited to see if you would stop breathing sort of thing. Thats why I said it should come out of the priest mouth then it’s not magic it’s Mystical 😛

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Thankfully there is nothing to indicate that Ulrich’s milk is addictive. I think if it was used a lot with followers of Slaanesh (which is what it is really designed for) it could be quite useful.

Who know? Perhaps Ulrich will get himself a little band of followers at some point who can suckle from him and make him feel all wanted 🙂

Hal :hal:

Balgin
    • Succubus
    Hal wrote:
    Who know? Perhaps Ulrich will get himself a little band of followers at some point who can suckle from him and make him feel all wanted 🙂

Do they still have that rule where someone who gets too many mutations (I think it used to be get to 6 mutations before getting to 6 rewards) becomes a chaos spawn? And if so, is the consequence of becoming a chaos spawn the instant aquisition of d6 additional mutations and relegation to npc status?

An ex PC chaos spawn could make for a really nasty villain’s henchman in a final showdown encounter :).

Sonyakdragon
    • Flumph

Dang I was hoping it was addictive just the thought of all the chaos he WOULD cause was funny and the thought of him have a little band of crack monkeys hehehe

Balgin
    • Succubus
    Sonyakdragon wrote:
    Thats why I said it should come out of the priest mouth then it’s not magic it’s Mystical 😛

Agreed, I’m just making sure you weren’t insinuating that because an npc said it, it had to be true :p.

Sonyakdragon
    • Flumph
    Balgin wrote:
    Sonyakdragon wrote:
    Thats why I said it should come out of the priest mouth then it’s not magic it’s Mystical 😛

Agreed, I’m just making sure you weren’t insinuating that because an npc said it, it had to be true :p.

OH MY GOD no never belive anything a npc says unless they have two forms of written evidcie older then them to back it up …..I.e never trust Immoltals like genies and gods Just saying 😛

Anonymous
    • Owlbear

Very entertaining to see how quickly plot can be polished off when you set your mind to it. Good work there Lindsay! 😀 And what’s more, in hindsight the plot bits didn’t really seem anywhere near as bad as some of the suffering might have suggested over the last previous two sessions.

Thanks all!

Jon_a_Ross
    • Commoner

I just wanted to say I was quite happy to hear the plot come calling to the players rather then making the players dance through the remaining hoops in this chapter.

Listening to the players fight in session 11 now and barely holding their own is quite exciting and much better then trying to get a letter from Wendel to see Lucas. 🙂

Keener
    • Drider
    Jon_a_Ross wrote:
    I just wanted to say I was quite happy to hear the plot come calling to the players rather then making the players dance through the remaining hoops in this chapter.

Listening to the players fight in session 11 now and barely holding their own is quite exciting and much better then trying to get a letter from Wendel to see Lucas. 🙂

I just realized that you live in Calgary well well how thought there would be two of us in the same Canadian city. 😀

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • The forum ‘Warhammer’ is closed to new topics and replies.