Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter RPGMP3 Classics Warhammer FB – Oldenhaller Contract

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Salubrai
    • Succubus

The good thing is that all of the players have voices which could theoretically sound like their characters. Except maybe Fin. Half-orcish voices don’t seem to fit him, oddly enough

ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

I had a hard time writing for Gerout. At first he spoke in broken English, but I think it pitched that and just made sure he was plain spoken. I have an orc who may join the party at some point and his English was very poor. I Gerout and the other orc started to sound too much alike so Gerout got a big speech upgrade. 🙂

Dragonkin
    • Thri-kreen

Aye… remember (although the quote is stolen from another game – the Haunting) that Gerout isn’t dumb, he’s just direct.

Also remember that, by Fin’s own words, he’s uglier than he’s stupid =) He’s just following a combat-oriented god and solve most his problems with the axe (other times, I suppose punching will have to do)

Salubrai
    • Succubus
    ENoa4 wrote:
    I had a hard time writing for Gerout. At first he spoke in broken English, but I think it pitched that and just made sure he was plain spoken. I have an orc who may join the party at some point and his English was very poor. I Gerout and the other orc started to sound too much alike so Gerout got a big speech upgrade. 🙂

I’m thinking most of his lines could be somewhat similar to what Fin says for his directions while RP’ing… basically variations on “Right, I’ll hit it with my axe” or the ever-clever “We’ll go and kill them then nick their stuff.”

ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

I do have a fun bit of dialog for Balazaar in which he explains the merits and importance of dwarven ale. 🙂

Salubrai
    • Succubus

Be sure to have him mention (as was mentioned by another poster in another thread) Simon, the dwarven god of Tree Climbing. As Simon is a name that no dwarf would ever have, and tree climbing is an activity that no dwarf would ever do.

Dragonkin
    • Thri-kreen

All hail Simon! =)

Cob37
    • Gelatinous Cube
    Hal wrote:
    The first of the RPGMP3 Classics has been released and you can listen to it here. It is the begining of a series of classic RPGs that we all grew up playing, run in the original system it was designed for.

The first is the first game I ever ran for anyone; the Oldenhaller Contract for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (soon to be re-released as a shiny new version).

Oldenhaller Contract Part 1

Oldenhaller Contract Part 2

Hope you like it

Hal :hal:

It was amazing how quickly the story went. As for the system, never played it. Sounds like role playing to me.

Falula
    • Commoner

I gave this game a listen yesterday as WFRP was my favourite rpg to run back in the day and it brought it all back!

Everybody choosing to be an elf as their stats are twice as high as humans.

The crushing disappointment felt when one of your initial skills is ‘drive cart’…..or ‘blather’.

And when the crit results were being read out I found myself mouthing the words along with them, I still know them by heart! 😀

Even though I’ve been loving getting back to rpg’s with d&d4e, hearing this game gave me urges to dig out my old wfrp books and finally get round to completing the Doomstones campaign.

At the end of the recording, Hal talks about the Enemy Within campaign which I ran back in the early 90’s for a group of 7 friends. It took us a couple of years to get through it but we still remember it as our finest rpg experience.

In particular, my favourite moment ever as a gm was playing the nature spirits in Kislev. From leaping around the room like a coked-up baboon when trying to mime the directions given out by the mute child (his name escapes me) to the genuine fear in my players as they approached the Vodyanoy by the pool to ask for his help, to the massive cheer as Werner the cleric of Ulric finally felled old father bear with a punch to the jaw after an epic scrap, it was THE most fun I’ve ever had gaming.

Perhaps I’ll get to run it again someday for my nephew and his friends.

Fun times

🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The forum ‘RPGMP3 Classics’ is closed to new topics and replies.