Forums Archive Non RPG Chatter Fun Stuff Trunk Monkey

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Thing
    Admin
    • Drider

What kind of code do you work on, Riddles?

riddles
    • Succubus

A rather large mixture ATM 😯

Everything from ASP 4, through to .net (mainly VB but some C#) and Java. Oh, and I’m the companies Oracle DBA too!

Mostly Java the last couple of weeks to be fair. We’re developing an AJAX based application which is good fun at the moment, though the way Firefox and IE interpret CSS in subtlely different ways is causing more hair to drop out than usual!

Thing
    Admin
    • Drider

yeah, CSS compliance and interpretation is making it worse then before sometimes. I use 2 differnt style sheets and do an include based on browser detection.

Of course currently I am doing webs for state/government agencies so it is speced as only having to be IE compliant. Makes a lot of stuff way easier.

I switch programming languages a lot myself. Makes it hard for interviews as I am only really up to whiteboarding whatever languages and DB I have been doing recently. Luckily my curent gig is permanent and the work is is queing up enough that I might get a minion to farm stuff off to. My boss also said I can get a shocky monkey if he hires another coder. 😉

riddles
    • Succubus

Why doesn’t my IE change the colour for href when I tell it to in the CSS? 🙁

It looks lovely in Firefox… 😥

Thing
    Admin
    • Drider

WHat are you doing in the CSS for IE?

If ya want, you can email me so we don’t crowd the forums with this geekery. My addy should be available in my profile.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘Fun Stuff’ is closed to new topics and replies.