Forums Archive Non RPG Chatter Miniature Painting The ‘What should Erik paint next’ thread

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Dragonkin
    • Thri-kreen

Erm… Hi, my name is Erik and I’m a bit of a WHFB addict. =P

As such, I have literally thousands of models left to paint, from most armies out there… and since I’m such an epitome of Chaos Undecided, I think I’ll put up a topic where people can suggest what I should paint next. Then, I’ll have a bit of time to paint it before I have to provide picture proof. And then the process repeats itself.

Currently, I have pretty much everything except:

Dwarfs

Chaos Dwarfs

Wood Elves

Ogre Kingdoms

So… any takers? =)

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

I think you need a nice Lizardman army! It is a differnt challenge to painting all the fur and cloth of a standard force!

And you can to use all those bright colours you can’t use on the rest of them! 😀

Hal :hal:

SteveB
    • Orc

I think you should paint my High Elf army 😀

‘Cos it’s probably the only way it’s going to progress any further 😳 The damned things are far too small, and I’m far too crap at painting 🙁

N-kun
    • Thri-kreen

i got round the tedium of painting by having my fiancee do it clever huh?

WerewolfPaladin
    • Thri-kreen

I’ve got a whole backlog of Skaven to paint and the Warmachine miniatures that I picked up haven’t even been put together yet. WoW and work consume my life. 😳

Dragonkin
    • Thri-kreen

Hmm… lots of replies already. =)

Hal:

Lizards added to list, done a bit of research and think I’m now decided on both theme and colour scheme. Test model should follow shortly…

SteveB:

Nice try ^_-

Maybe once I’ve cleared a bit of my list and if minor currency was involved, I’d do it. Would be cool to have painted Bastion of Torm’s army, after all =P

N-kun:

Clever, but not as fun. Plus it requires a fiancee, and I seem to be fresh out… =)

WerewolfPaladin:

Yeah, the rats get everywhere… I have around 500 skaven models by last count, and only maybe 30 of them are fully painted… I think I’m looking at trading off 150 or so clanrats though, as I can’t see me needing 250 of the little blighters anytime soon… =P

Good luck with the painting… and try not to let anything overwhelm your life. Especially not hobbies – they are there to be fun and relaxing, not another job.

WerewolfPaladin
    • Thri-kreen
    Dragonkin wrote:

WerewolfPaladin:

Yeah, the rats get everywhere… I have around 500 skaven models by last count, and only maybe 30 of them are fully painted… I think I’m looking at trading off 150 or so clanrats though, as I can’t see me needing 250 of the little blighters anytime soon… =P

Good luck with the painting… and try not to let anything overwhelm your life. Especially not hobbies – they are there to be fun and relaxing, not another job.

Heh. I didn’t say they were a job. I’m just lazy sometimes. Getting out the paints and getting everything setup to work on my miniatures usually outweighs the desire to see them done.

And you never know how many clanrats you’ll need. The clanrats run at the drop of a hat without force of numbers. I’ve lost about half my army several times to a moral failure from shooting/magic casualties.

Dragonkin
    • Thri-kreen
    WerewolfPaladin wrote:
    Dragonkin wrote:

WerewolfPaladin:

Heh. I didn’t say they were a job. I’m just lazy sometimes. Getting out the paints and getting everything setup to work on my miniatures usually outweighs the desire to see them done.

Know the feeling… sometimes you just have to get that painting area set up, though. =)

WerewolfPaladin wrote:
    And you never know how many clanrats you’ll need. The clanrats run at the drop of a hat without force of numbers. I’ve lost about half my army several times to a moral failure from shooting/magic casualties.

True, but I think about 2-3 units of 30 clanrats and a unit of about 40 slaves should be enough, since there are also plenty of interesting special choices out there.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Miniature Painting’ is closed to new topics and replies.