Forums Gaming Chat Associated Geekery Bulging Bag of Holding Swanky Dune Reprint

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Spotted this rather nice Dune reprint passing through social media (so you have probably already seen it – stupid Facebook) 🙂

I like Dune a lot 😉

Hal :hal:

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

That looks so good, you could almost omit the ‘s’ from the title of this thread. 😉

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Oh Monkey…. but then the pages would get sticky and you would miss out on the lovely illustrations… 🙂

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

No worries, just keep your stillsuit closed and let it do what it does best: recycle expelled fluids. 😉

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Oh Monkey – you are so insightful and quick 🙂

And then you can drink it through the water tube at the neck 😛

Slartibartfast
    • Gelatinous Cube

That is very nice and a beautiful thing I will probably never own but it does remind me how great Dune is.  I should probably give it another go at some point soon.  I have a copy of Lynch’s film and @[member=”Choothulhu”] has not seen it yet…

TFSakon
    • Flumph

Yeah that’s a very pretty book. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it printed in such cold colours it’s quite strange. but it works well with the eyes. I’m also getting flashbacks to reading it for the first time, I really need to start reading number two.

edit:

Just saw artwork section, that Harkkonen though. He’s vicious. I normally can’t stand seeing pictures in books and I don’t think I’d like to see it when first forming my opinions, but for afters those illustrations are just exquisite.

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

The Folio Society produce some lovely, lovely editions, but the prices… I’ve seen a gorgeous copy of Brave New World they put out some years ago, really eye-catching design.

As for me, I’ve still not actually read Dune. It’s on the list 🙂

TFSakon
    • Flumph

Well if I may offer a humble opinion. It is a very thoughtlful book. ry reading it when you’re in the mood to ponder. It’s certainly no an action thriller although it doesn’t shy away from the action certainly.

Slartibartfast
    • Gelatinous Cube

Well if I may offer a humble opinion. It is a very thoughtlful book. ry reading it when you’re in the mood to ponder. It’s certainly no an action thriller although it doesn’t shy away from the action certainly.

I agree.  Certainly read it before watching the film, it would make a lot more sense.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

I agree the price is rather steep but I guess you pay for the quality of production and printing and the fact it is all collectors edition and stuff 🙂

How did @[member=”Choothulhu”] like the movie? We expect a full and detailed report 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.