Forums Archive Roleplaying Chatter General RPG Stuff Sunless Citadel Recording

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    WerewolfPaladin
    • Thri-kreen

As soon as I can get it processed and find a good place to host it, I have a recording of a session where we went back to the first 3rd Ed module released by Wizards, The Sunless Citadel. It’s kind of an unusual part: 1 Fighter, 2 Rogues, and 1 Cleric.

Right now, all I have is the one big WAV file that the MP3 player created. I need to edit it down, even it out a little and convert it to MP3.

Face
    • Gelatinous Cube
    Dr. Frank-N-Furter wrote:
    So come up to the lab

And see what’s on the slab

I see you shiver with antici…pation

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

Can’t wait for more audio.

ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

Sweet!!!!!! I don’t own a copy, but I recently played a Neverwinter Nights conversion of that module and had a blast. Can’t wait to hear it.

Salubrai
    • Succubus
    WerewolfPaladin wrote:
    As soon as I can get it processed and find a good place to host it, I have a recording of a session where we went back to the first 3rd Ed module released by Wizards, The Sunless Citadel. It’s kind of an unusual part: 1 Fighter, 2 Rogues, and 1 Cleric.

Right now, all I have is the one big WAV file that the MP3 player created. I need to edit it down, even it out a little and convert it to MP3.

I suggest reencoding it into 40kbps/mono or 48kbps/stereo MP3 format, which will preserve sound quality while not being too large. I always use DBPOWERAMP (from dbpoweramp.com) to convert all my audio files.

Cool MP3 splitter is a good splitting program. I would suggest after reencoding it, using that program to split it into manageable sections.

Hope that helps! very excited to hear it.

WerewolfPaladin
    • Thri-kreen

Okay, I have them converted (though in 2 pieces, each piece is still pretty big). Does anyone have reccomendations for a hosting solution?

Face
    • Gelatinous Cube
    Brad and Janet wrote:
    There’s a light…

Over at the Frankenstein place.

Alternately, Dr. Frank-N-Furter wrote:
    I’m just a sweet transvestite

From Transsexual, Transylvania.

Let me show you around

Maybe play you a sound.

You look like you’re both pretty groovy.

Best Rocky Horror roll evar.

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

Ok, for very simple hosting, there is Tripod’s free site. I think its about 10mb max size though, so you could make like 4 sites, and put up a fourth onto each, then when the free bandwidth gets used up, you can create other sites. That is the cheap, if slightly annoying way to do it.

EegahInc
    • Gelatinous Cube

How big are the files? I might be able to come up with some space.

Salubrai
    • Succubus

I have no idea whether or not they will approve, but seeing as how Hal has hosted Dungeon Majesty and the roleplayer radio, he might be willing to host them on this site in some form, at least even as a forum post. Might ask Paul or Hal. Again, though – I have no idea what they will say. Just a thought.

You could make a torrent file of them too.

Salubrai
    • Succubus
    mchvlichldprdgy wrote:
    Ok, for very simple hosting, there is Tripod’s free site. I think its about 10mb max size though, so you could make like 4 sites, and put up a fourth onto each, then when the free bandwidth gets used up, you can create other sites. That is the cheap, if slightly annoying way to do it.

Does tripod limit the amount of downloads too? Once you reach a certain amount, people are blocked from downloading?

WerewolfPaladin
    • Thri-kreen
    EegahInc wrote:
    How big are the files? I might be able to come up with some space.

2 files at 28 MB a piece. It was almost a 4 hour session. I tried to think how I could trim some off and I couldn’t come up with what to trim.

EegahInc
    • Gelatinous Cube

If Hal doesn’t have the space or doesn’t want to host too many non-RPGMP3 files, I have a Streamload account with hosting space I’m not using. It’s the same site Cob37 uses to store his games. It couldn’t handle hundreds of downloaders but I think it would work fine for the regulars around here. Let me know.

Salubrai
    • Succubus

nice idea, incorporated Eegah!

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

Yipeeeeeeee.

Ps. not sure about the limited downloads from tripod, but they have crap for bandwidth.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 89 total)
  • The forum ‘General RPG Stuff’ is closed to new topics and replies.