Forums Gaming Chat Roleplaying Suggestion for new Campaign

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    [anonymous]
    • Thri-kreen

Hey guys!

So my group will be finishing the Tomb of Haggemoth in a few sessions’ time, and I’m looking ahead for a Pathfinder Adventure Path to throw at their faces next while cackling madly. 

I’m currently enamored by both Council of Thieves or possibly Wrath of the Righteous. Does anyone have any suggestions? 

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

Well, Council of Thieves, while it has some impressive books, has some issues as an overall narrative and path. Wrath of Righteous I haven’t looked at myself, it incorporates the Mythic rules so that is either a pro or a con depending on how you feel.

The Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition is a good solid choice. Standard D&D adventure fare, goblins, ogres, giants, dragons, arch-wizard. AE updates everything to pathfinder stats and in general gave a polish to the adventure and helped it to flow.

Otherwise, I guess it depends how much work you want to do and what kind of adventure players want.

Daniel
    • Succubus

B4: the lost city is well worth looking intom conversion would be mega easy and ots a very fun module.

LightPagoda
    • Gelatinous Cube

My favorite to date has been Kingmaker.  That adventure just hits several of my buttons so you mileage may vary.  If you group are not interested in actually running a kingdom, probably not the best choice.

[anonymous]
    • Thri-kreen

I was also thinking maybe running the 3.5 revised White Plume Mountain…something classic. 

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

My favorite to date has been Kingmaker.  That adventure just hits several of my buttons so you mileage may vary.  If you group are not interested in actually running a kingdom, probably not the best choice.

I was considering suggesting that, but that one, while when it works it works wonderfully, is definately a campaign that requires a fairly good degree of both player and GM investment to make work. Players need to be motivated by the sandbox/running a kingdom aspect, and the adventure is best done by a GM that can embrace the sandbox/discovery and long-time story aspect of the adventure path, which can take some extra time and effort and be willing to stretch or expand on some rules.

That being said, I’ve honestly found it a real challenge to meet up to the standards of Tomb of Haggemoth.

[anonymous]
    • Thri-kreen

Yes, I’m not certain my group would have the impetus to commit to running a whole kingdom. They love good plot and interesting NPCs, but possibly not the responsibilities of a throne! 

I’m looking more and more at Wrath of the Righteous, tbh. It looks very epic and important, and the mythic rules look quite interesting… ^_^

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

I’m looking more and more at Wrath of the Righteous, tbh. It looks very epic and important, and the mythic rules look quite interesting… ^_^

Although you’d be well advised to steer clear of its disappointing sequel: Wraiths of the Wrights, US, which features a pair of undead aviator brothers going on a trans-American tour. 😉

[anonymous]
    • Thri-kreen

Although you’d be well advised to steer clear of its disappointing sequel: Wraiths of the Wrights, US, which features a pair of undead aviator brothers going on a trans-American tour. 😉

😀 Then there was the spinoff Wreck of the Wrap, which is just a documentary about a Mexican food restaurant that never really got off the ground. 

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

And the less said about Warf of the Worf, WTF?, the better. :O

(“Your favorite Star Trek supporting characters in all-new, exciting fish mongering careers! Every alternating Thursday at 7 PM, live on NBC!”)

[anonymous]
    • Thri-kreen

What strikes me about WotR is the world-changing emphasis on Gloarion. I mean, it’s literally addressing the Worldwound, which is definitely a major feature in the Pathfinder setting. Not surprising really that it incorporates the mythic rules!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Roleplaying’ is closed to new topics and replies.