Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter World’s Largest Dungeon “Story” version of what’s happened in the WLD?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    wahoward
    • Commoner

I’ll start off by admitting that I’m not great or anything at writing stories or even being an “author” of any real shape or form… I’ve written a few stories based on some games that I’ve been involved with over the *many* years that I’ve played RPG’s… What I was wondering was if there anyone who is trying to “write up” what’s been going on during these sessions into a “novel” type of format?

Anonymous
    • Owlbear

an journal writen in character would be a nice addition for both the players and the audience. 🙂

wahoward
    • Commoner

That’s the type of thing I was thinking about… like a journal or diary format… it would make it easier to write (IMHO) and yet it can still get a good feel for what’s going on within the party… I would offer to try can come up with a few pages as a sample if the players are ok with the idea… don’t want to step on any toes or anything… kinda like “giving back something” to the people who are providing so much to us listeners…

Salubrai
    • Succubus
    wahoward wrote:
    That’s the type of thing I was thinking about… like a journal or diary format… it would make it easier to write (IMHO) and yet it can still get a good feel for what’s going on within the party… I would offer to try can come up with a few pages as a sample if the players are ok with the idea… don’t want to step on any toes or anything… kinda like “giving back something” to the people who are providing so much to us listeners…

It’s too bad this fellow vanished so very long ago. This might have been a fun idea.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Now that was a fine piece of Forum Necromancy 😛

Hal :hal:

Salubrai
    • Succubus

I am at least a thirtieth level Necromancer by now.

Qwaz
    • Thri-kreen

Heh, he’s right though, it would kind of feel “in character” (for a bard, or maybe a wizard, anyway) to do some out-of-game diary entries charting their magnificant journey.

You could have some great fun with those “dead days”. You know, the ones where the party does nothing but rest to regain lost ability points or something. Can just invent random bits like –

Balazah’s Diary: Smarch 5th

“While garoot was trying to find the strength to continue feylin showed me just how many hiding places she had on her body…it soon dawned on me how the rest of us were able to be quite so poor. Of course that weird cleric didn’t mind. When he ain’t busting my chops for killing evil things he’s forcing gold away from himself like he’s allergic” …etc

Salubrai
    • Succubus

Balazah? Garoot?

woojitsu
    • Gelatinous Cube

Leave the poor guy alone. “H” is… well, nowhere near “r” on the keyboard. But still… 😉

Qwaz
    • Thri-kreen

I’m sorry, i don’t know how they’re spelt. I just gave it a guess phoneticly.

Fox
    • Thri-kreen

I liked that entry for the 5th of Smarch. I thought it was pretty well written and in-character. 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘World’s Largest Dungeon’ is closed to new topics and replies.