Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    BigJackBrass
    • Drider

File Name: Steam Pirates Session 02

File Submitter: BigJackBrass

File Submitted: 09 Aug 2013

File Category: Forgotten Futures

Genre: Steampunk
    Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

https://www.rpgmp3.com/files/game_recordings/Whartson_Hall_Gamers/ForgottenFutures_Steam_Pirates_02.mp3

Forgotten Futures VI: Victorian Villainy
    Steam Pirates! Session 02

Separated by many miles, yet brought together through remarkable advances in SCIENCE, the Whartson Hall Aethernauts embark on a voyage to the wondrous past!

ForgottenFuturesCoverImage_zps23b545a5.j

At the British Museum, a priceless collection of jewellery recently excavated from the ruins of ancient Troy is carefully loaded for its trip abroad. In a darker part of the capital a small group of ingenious criminals plot to ensure this valuable cargo will never reach its destination…

Our anti-heroes attempt to re-define the term ‘thick as thieves’ as they meticulously plan every aspect of their daring undersea heist, only occasionally distracted by popular cultural references of the day, risqué single entendres, and disturbing uses of the word ‘crevice’.

The Players:
    Jon as the scandalous Solomon Knight, illusioneer and blackguard
    Amelia as the larcenous Lady Hester Valentine, forger, procurer of dodgy documents
    Nick as the dastardly Doctor James Crowther, murderous medic
    Mark as the guileful Games Master

The Game: Forgotten Futures by Marcus L. Rowland. Cuddly, tea-drenched thanks to Professor Elemental for so kindly allowing to use an excerpt from his songs in the introduction. The Whartson Hall Aethernauts play through the Google+ Hangouts facility rather than face-to-face in a room. Despite our best efforts, listeners may find some reduction in sound quality as a result. GOD SAVE THE QUEEN.

Click here to download this file

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Our anti-heroes attempt to re-define the term ‘thick as thieves’ as they meticulously plan every aspect of their daring undersea heist, only occasionally distracted by popular cultural references of the day, risqué single entendres, and disturbing uses of the word ‘crevice’.

Still no sight of the pink weathered red uke? 🙁 Ah well, beggars can’t be choosers. Thank you Whartsie ‘Nauts. 🙂

Hafwit 2.0
    • Orc

Woo! Shiver me timers and all that. 🙂

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

BJB: “Putting the word ‘French’ in front of another word suddenly makes it sound like a euphemism; the word ‘sandwich’, by itself, is perfectly mundane, but if I were to ask someone for a ‘French sandwich’, they might call the police!”
    Lordof1: “…My mother has French windows?” 🙁

Ahh, and then the Whartsie ‘Nauts begin discussing their nefarious schemes in earnest: should they try to get in via underground passages, or overpower the guards?

Lordof1: “Can’t you penetrate a manhole, Solomon?”
    BJB: “It’s better than nobbling a gorilla, I suppose… It’s nice to think that the spirit of Whartson Hall hasn’t died, so much as passed on – to you!”

What could go wrong when you’ve got such luminaries working for you as Lefty Jones, Righty Smith, and Ambidextrous Warburton?

(The less said of Bob the Gobbler, the better.)

Riddles: “Yes, you can jimmy open the manhole cover, no problem.”
    Isis: “We don’t have a Jimmy on the team.”
    Lordof1: “What happened to Jimmy No-Hands?”
    Riddles: “No, you got rid of him. This is a dangerous operation, and he was too ‘armless.”
    BJB: “However, we do have a Jimmy Frenchwindows.”
    *Sniggering*
    BJB: “Yes, I’ve given up on subtlety.”
    Isis: “So, suggesting we hire ‘Richard Scratcher’ was you being subtle, then?”

No doubt the RSPCA will be best pleased when they hear a practicing veterinarian from Devon proclaiming these immortal words:

Lordof1: “I’m never picking up another Jules Verne novel, unless I need it to beat a whale to death!”

(Hmm, wonder how many times the players have to get Riddles to say “Indeed”, before he throws himself out of a rooftop?)

Lordof1: “The day I walk past an unconscious man on a train without rifling through his pockets, is the day I hang up my stethoscope! …That’s the Crowther family motto, by the way.”
    Isis: “What would that be in latin?”
    BJB: “Good luck with ‘stethoscope’!”

And Nick made a good point: while it might have been somewhat difficult for the armed forces in the Boer War to have made strategic use of the Khyber Pass (what with it being on a different continent and all), the British could definitely have snuck up on the Dutch settlers by way of Coffee Table Mountain. 😉

lordof1
    • Orc

You know, when you read it all scripted like that, we don’t sound nearly as erudite and educated as I thought…

Hafwit 2.0
    • Orc

😀 Many laughs were had. Thank you.

I am gonna use the idea that ‘a Timmy’ is a codified means of communication. “Mr. ‘Olmes says *ahem* OMG ur nicked LOL’. Oh and to gimme a penny, Sir.”

riddles
    • Succubus

I do have a tendency to have a phrase or word I repeat ad nauseam. 🙁

I’d forgotten about the team names. Good old Ambidextrous…

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

You know, when you read it all scripted like that, we don’t sound nearly as erudite and educated as I thought…

But you do sound more eloquent than anyone else would have expected. 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.