Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    BigJackBrass
    • Drider

File Name: Steam Pirates Session 01

File Submitter: BigJackBrass

File Submitted: 02 Aug 2013

File Category: Forgotten Futures

Genre: Steampunk
    Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

https://www.rpgmp3.com/files/game_recordings/Whartson_Hall_Gamers/ForgottenFutures_Steam_Pirates_01.mp3

Forgotten Futures VI: Victorian Villainy
    Steam Pirates! Session 01

ForgottenFuturesCoverImage_zps23b545a5.j

London, 1887. All good citizens of Her Majesty’s Glorious Empire rejoice at the grand opening of the undersea tunnel (Hurrah!) linking England with France, creating unparalleled opportunities for trade, diplomacy, and travel.

Meanwhile, some rather less-good citizens of Her Majesty’s Empire have been invited to the rehearsal of the play Easy Money, where the legendary villain Leon Arkov will offer them one more unparalleled opportunity… for crime!

Our Players:
    Jon as the scandalous Solomon Knight, illusioneer and blackguard
    Amelia as the larcenous Lady Hester Valentine, forger, procurer of dodgy documents
    Nick as the dastardly Doctor James Crowther, murderous medic
    Mark as the guileful Games Master

The Game: Forgotten Futures by Marcus L. Rowland. Cuddly, tea-drenched thanks to Professor Elemental for so kindly allowing to use an excerpt from his songs in the introduction. The Whartson Hall Aethernauts play through the Google+ Hangouts facility rather than face-to-face in a room. Despite our best efforts, listeners may find some reduction in sound quality as a result. GOD SAVE THE QUEEN.

Click here to download this file

kendoyle659
    • Thri-kreen

I’m enjoying this. I also like the warning to avoid the low points. 🙂

lordof1
    • Orc

I’m enjoying this. I also like the warning to avoid the low points. 🙂

Always good advice for our audio games. Though I’m taking umbrage at this one due to Mark’s cruel impersonation of me when I wasn’t there to defend myself 🙁

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

Though I’m taking umbrage at this one due to Mark’s cruel impersonation of me when I wasn’t there to defend myself 🙁

If you ask nicely I’m sure he’ll be happy to cruelly impersonate you when you are there  😀

GKahla
    • Commoner

The references back to the previous Tunnel game (with the female ninja) evoked an actual guffaw. No ersatz guffaws to be found…

This episode ending where it did should allow Nick to appropriately rebut their train-abusing plans.

Also, I’m nickin’ the title “Illusioneer” without compunction. This is one of the first recordings where I can hear Jon getting the chance to actually be on the other side of the GM screen. Hope you’re having a good time!

lordof1
    • Orc

Also, I’m nickin’ the title “Illusioneer” without compunction. 

… which almost works as a D&D joke. ‘I say old bean, aren’t you an illusioneer?’

‘No, old chap, I’m perfectly real!’

*tumbleweed*…I did say almost.

Next session should be up shortly-ish…

Slartibartfast
    • Gelatinous Cube

… which almost works as a D&D joke. ‘I say old bean, aren’t you an illusioneer?’

‘No, old chap, I’m perfectly real!’

*tumbleweed*…I did say almost.

Next session should be up shortly-ish…

Glad to hear it!

PS – 

Waiter, waiter there’s an arrow in my Slaad…

GKahla
    • Commoner

Can’t wait to hear Jon play a “blackguard”!

I’m having difficulty in envisioning his normally mild personality stretched to this extreme. No, really – 

Isis
    • Succubus

Oh, this was a fun game! Always good to be bad 😀

Not that we were that bad, really..well, except for a certain murderous doctor.

lordof1
    • Orc

I didn’t kill anyone that would have died anyway. Or that didn’t annoy me in some way. Or for practice. I have a code of ethics!

Dr_Jomster
    • Orc

Want to give some love to the PC descriptions in the excellent intro post to this thread. Once you list them out together, there’s sort of a theme going on…

Scandalous

Larcenous

Dastardly

Guileful

Sounds like a decent enough bunch… 🙂

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

Want to give some love to the PC descriptions in the excellent intro post to this thread.

All the work of @[member=”lordof1″] who kindly supplied the notes for this episode, as I don’t seem to have made any.

ThistledownJohn
    • Gelatinous Cube

Always good advice for our audio games. Though I’m taking umbrage at this one due to Mark’s cruel impersonation of me when I wasn’t there to defend myself 🙁

Oh…you left?  I couldn’t hear the difference. Kudos, Mark! 😛

Dr_Jomster
    • Orc

I didn’t realise you’d added Steampowered by Professor Elemental to the start of the audio before putting it on here. Very nice! 🙂

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

I didn’t realise you’d added Steampowered by Professor Elemental to the start of the audio before putting it on here. Very nice! 🙂

Thanks. Got permission and everything 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.