Forums Archive Non RPG Chatter Miniature Painting Standing Svala

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Balgin
    • Succubus

Well, some of you may have been following my WIP thread here but now she’s finished and I’ve got some photo’s I’m pretty happy with. I wanted the skin to come out a bit darker but I’m quite pleased with the results I achieved. I need to touch up the corner of one of the eyes and the edge of the base. I might paint the entire edge of the base with scorched brown or dark flesh. I haven’t fully decided on that one yet. I’m also quite pleased with the way the lip colour turned out as I knew it could’ve been a horrible mistake and that would mean painting all the skin for a third time….

standingsvala1.jpg

standingsvala2.jpg

standingsvala3.jpg

standingsvala4.jpg

standingsvala5.jpg

ross
    • Gelatinous Cube

nice 🙂

popper
    • Orc

That is just outstanding.

Do you paint your min. with a brush or with air?

Daniel
    • Succubus

Air? I don’t get it; regardless, very nice job on the lips there Balgin. I honestly thought it would be a really bad idea when you mentioned it yesterday; good to see you prove me wrong. 🙂

MelkiorWhiteblade
    • Owlbear

Very nice!

So, when will have an website for commissioned miniature painting?

Balgin
    • Succubus
    popper wrote:
    That is just outstanding.

Do you paint your min. with a brush or with air?

Hand held brushes my friend. That and 24 years’ miniature painting experience :). I’m a lot more slopy than I look. I could probably show you some WIP shots pre skin where the eyes were 2-3 times the size they should be (because I knew I’d tidy up again when I put the skin on around them).

I also had to paint the skin twice as the first time it came out really wrong.

candlebase12.jpg

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Miniature Painting’ is closed to new topics and replies.