Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    BigJackBrass
    • Drider

File Name: Squadron UK Session 06

File Submitter: BigJackBrass

File Submitted: 22 Mar 2015

File Category: Squadron UK

Genre: Super Hero

Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

https://www.rpgmp3.com/files/game_recordings/Whartson_Hall_Gamers/SqUK_Brum_06.mp3

Squadron UK 06: Careless Wispa

SqUKCover_zpse14b60e8.jpg

Chocs away!

Legendary hero Dynamo has been found, wired to the grid with a cable up his leotard, but that doesn’t mean that the team has wrapped up the mystery. Or, indeed, solved anything at all. Facing a suspicious robot and still needing to defuse the ticking time-bomb of Throwback’s futuristic nanites, our heroes have only seconds to leap to action. The perfect time, then, to start arguing with one another…

Clamber into your cape and join the Whartson Hall Aethernauts for a superlative session of crimefighting calamities!

Squadron UK is written and published by Simon Burley and is available in PDF and printed formats.

Intro and outro musical excerpts are by that most splendid gentleman Professor Elemental, used with his kind permission.The Whartson Hall Aethernauts play through the Google+ Hangouts facility rather than face-to-face in a room. Despite our best efforts, listeners may find some reduction in sound quality as a result. Look, it’s not my fault, blame him, my plan was much better than this but would they listen? Of course not…

The Players:

Riddles (Mark): The redoubtable Referee!

Amelia: Dr. Katie Jones, aka the fan-favourite PHOTON!

Jon: Matt Blank, aka the edifying EVERYMAN!

Nick: Mike Masters, aka the pulchritudinous POE! (allegedly)

Click here to download this file

RogerBW
    • Commoner

Poe is seen here using his famous Confusion Attack.

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

Mostly on the rest of the team.

riddles
    • Succubus

Ah, this was the my running the game with the notes on a different machine episode!

Possibly, you can’t tell the difference… 🙂

Hafwit 2.0
    • Orc

Aie! I’m falling behind. Thanks for all the recordings. 🙂

Aethyr
    • Thri-kreen

Poe’s powers continue to amaze and leave others dumbstruck!

Favorite quote: “You could drop the phrase ‘army of robots’ and still be correct”

Obvious joke but excellently executed and wonderfully received.

insert witticism here

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

Obvious joke…

Very much our stock in trade.

lordof1
    • Orc

Very much our stock in trade.

I think you mean ‘what we utter is our only stock and store’, Jon

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

I think you mean ‘what we utter is our only stock and store’, Jon

Remember the golden rule: “Do unto udders as you would have them do unto you.”

milkprotest_1495997c.jpg

kendoyle659
    • Thri-kreen

The truly super heroics in this episode is the patience with that the others have with Poe and his “quips”. (Sorry Nick).

Lucky_Strike
    • Orc

Very enjoyable session.

I’ve played mostly champions for super heroic rpg games and I was very amused that Photon actually “glowed at a problem”. That’s been a regular term for an inexplicable super science or variable power pool solution in our group.

They Live is an excellent source of inspiration. I’m looking forward to an alien invasion. I’m also expecting Poe’s criminal relations to be Piranhas. Spiny Norman may be searching for Poe even now.

BigJackBrass
    • Drider
    riddles
    • Succubus

I really must catch up with Tim and sort out what happened to him…

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

It’s rather ironic to hear BJB constantly belittling Nick for playing a silly superhero character with a poorly thought-out background story, when BJB himself is playing a character with the laziest, most unoriginal origin story ever – amnesia. 😉

You know what? I think Nick fulfills the same role in the Whartsie ‘Nauts that Ross does in the BAGgies: he’s the most enthusiastic player, who’s always making a lot of effort to make the game fun for everyone (although rarely succeeding). The rest of the group, especially BJB (who’s kinda the equivalent of Fin, in a way), use him as a target for snark and sarcastic remarks, trying to undermine all his work by poking fun at everything he does and says, whether it’s warranted or not.

Fair enough, if Nick (and Ross, in the BAGgies) is willing to put up with a bit of good-natured endless ribbing – and he hasn’t left the group yet, so that’s some indication that he’s okay with it, at least – then the rest of us can certainly sit back and enjoy the comedic banter. Still, it would be neat to hear an episode where BJB didn’t poke fun at Nick… actually, more realistically, let’s say: BJB only poked fun at Nick once every 15 minutes. He probably couldn’t go an entire hour or more without venting his spleen. 😉 Instead, BJB could try supporting Nick’s ridiculous ideas and see if it might be just as fun to let the silliness escalate, as it is to snipe at every suggestion that’s like “I’m turning into a bicycle, just like Edgar Allan Poe always did!” 🙂

Maybe you could play Toon, or Paranoia? BJB could pretend that he was only being supportive and totally-not-sarcastic towards Nick’s Alpha Complex character as a means to lull him into a false sense of security, before betraying him to a secret society or Friend Computer.

riddles
    • Succubus

If you mean by enthusiastic “Most likely to say Cockmuncher”, I would agree that Nick is your man!  😛 

However, unless we DO play Paranoia or Toon, the silliness level is fine thank you very much! You don’t have to GM them…

And both BJB and Nick have far more back story than has been revealed on audio, I can assure you! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.