Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter The Files So I bought a recorder but….

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear
    swj719 wrote:
    PrestoJeff wrote:
    The Edirol R-09 looks nice, but it’s a bit on the expensive side ($299 US). Has anyone tried the Zoom H2 (only $173 US from Amazon)?

(FWIW, I’m recording with an iRiver 890 with a plug-in stereo mic (Sony ECM-DS30P). I wish I could get a little more volume from it — except when the dog’s barking or a die is rolling nearby, I’m maxing at about -12 dB, with the usual levels around -24 d:cool:

If I’m not mistaken, the Accordlands games are recorded on a Zoom H2…

We also use the Zoom H2 for general game recordings. Very handy, good quality, offers surround sound if wanted. Lots of people ‘taping’ their games have started to use them (Us, BAG People, Evil Hat etc.).

swj719
    • Succubus
    PaulofCthulhu wrote:
    TomBedlam wrote:
    The Kunstkopf method used by PoC seems an expensive alternative.

It doesn’t have to be expensive at all, in fact I’ll cover how to do it cheaply in the next installment of the Phantasmagorical Audio Diary.

Paul

Which can be found where, sir?

PrestoJeff
    • Thri-kreen
    swj719 wrote:
    If I’m not mistaken, the Accordlands games are recorded on a Zoom H2…

Thanks for that info. I actually stopped listening to Accordlands around episode 17 because I couldn’t hear the gamemaster. Were they using the H2 back then?

SnackGirl
    • Thri-kreen
    swj719 wrote:
    PaulofCthulhu wrote:
    Phantasmagorical Audio Diary.

Paul

Voila

Patrons only but several of you already are! Thank you 😀

swj719
    • Succubus
    SnackGirl wrote:
    swj719 wrote:
    PaulofCthulhu wrote:
    Phantasmagorical Audio Diary.

Paul

Voila

Patrons only but several of you already are! Thank you 😀

But… What if the good man asking the questions isn’t? 🙂

As to what they were using at around episode 17, I have no idea…

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

I believe we were using an iRiver FPS-795. It was the small digital recorder. We used the internal mics on that and it was suspended above the centre of the table.

Good time 🙂

Hal :hal:

PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear

Indeed. The most unobtrusive recordings – mic hardly to be seen!

If I were to use the iRiver again that way I would likely still suspend it, but tape on a small external stereo mic (like some of the smaller Sony ones that are available) for better sound reproduction.

TomBedlam
    • Orc

If can be bothered to pick up a memory card before the game, I’ll do a test recording this weekend. The aforementioned player is in attendance this week so we’ll see how things play out. :plot:

TomBedlam
    • Orc

After some consternation the ongoing game recording was a no go. Thus my shiny new recorder lays fallow. I brought the issue up to the group via the an e-mail for the next ongoing game. So far no one has e-mail me back with a vote no.

I think Martin was right after all and I’ll run a one shot during a off week game and record that session. Hopefully, after they hear the one shot the ongoing game will be a recording possibility. I’ll be running that game, so I’ll have a bit more say on the content.

I’m thinking of running Kill puppies for Satan, but putting out that much depravity in a recorded media may summon something nasty. I also bought, “The Secret Lives of Ginger Bread Men” based on the lovely Wharston hall recording. It sounded like a blast. I’m tempted to run MLwM, but my group is a bit old school and power gamey. The games shared authoring duty may be a bit of a stretch. It’s really is too bad. I think MLwM is something special and I’d like to see how my friends would react to it.

We are currently in the midst of a GURPS fantasy game. I’m not sure how long we will continuing with this game. I’ll post any change of schedule and hopefully a recording sometime in the future.

Tom

Martimus
    • Gelatinous Cube

We had a one off of Point blank last night, which basses itself on the films of John Woo. Your friends can be as power hungry as they like with that one. 🙂

swj719
    • Succubus
    TomBedlam wrote:
    I’m thinking of running Kill puppies for Satan, but putting out that much depravity in a recorded media may summon something nasty.

Dude, they recorded a pervert Santa and sex-slave Elves…

You think puppy-killing will summon something??

TomBedlam
    • Orc
    swj719 wrote:
    Dude, they recorded a pervert Santa and sex-slave Elves…

You think puppy-killing will summon something??

😆 You have a point. I’m not sure even my band of misanthropes can top molester Santa.

BigJackBrass
    • Drider
    TomBedlam wrote:
    😆 You have a point. I’m not sure even my band of misanthropes can top molester Santa.

Aye, but it’s a challenge worth taking, eh? 😉

TomBedlam
    • Orc
    BigJackBrass wrote:
    Aye, but it’s a challenge worth taking, eh? 😉

If anyone can take the mantle away from My Life with Santa it would be the utterly depraved Wharston Hall crew. I mean that as a compliment.

You guys are sick bastards, but in a good way. 😉

Keener
    • Drider

I think there needs to be a Who can produce the sickest audio with My Life with Santa as the base line. 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • The forum ‘The Files’ is closed to new topics and replies.