Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Demonix
    • Orc

What sort of RPG stuff are you looking forward to this year?

ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

I’m hoping to introduce my 9 year old son into the world of D&D. Hopefully it won’t scar him for life. 😆

ENoa4

WhiteKnight
    • Gelatinous Cube

My nearly 5 year-old is desperate to know more. My wife says I’ve turned him into some min-me type clone of myself. 🙁

He’s barred for another couple of years or so, but after that if he’s still interested I imagine I’ll have a small school-age group to GM for as well.

Anonymous
    • Owlbear

I’d teach my 1 and 3 year old now, but the three year old just draws on his character sheet, and the 1 year old is inclined to eat the dice. 😆

Enoa4

SadurianMike
    • Commoner

My two are also too young. My stepson is 15 and too much a teenager to do anything I do/requires preparation/needs thought.

I did flirt with the idea of involving the wife, but there are two main problems:

1. See above for child-minding duties that can be somewhat distracting midgame.

2. Have you ever tried telling your wife that her character cannot do something/is dead/is irrevocably mad? 😯

Now, my main priority is actually finding a group to game with!

TomBedlam
    • Orc

I’m waiting for a slew of Cthulhu related supplements. But we CoC gamers are a patient lot since we have been waiting for certain books going on decades. I’ll list a few below.

1.Pulp Cthulhu: It was announced in the early 80s, but I’ve my fingers crossed for this one. Supposedly at the printer.

2.Delta Green:I’m not an advocate of DG style of play, yet having a hardcover would be nice addition. This one been on the radar for only half a decade.

3.Secrets of San Francisco:This books has been close to completion so many time that I’d rather hear it’s completely dead than wait another year.

4.Mage: I have to preface this with I hate, hate, hate WoD and nWoD. Pick your flavor gents they both suck. However, Mage had a few interesting ideas, eventhough it bastardized virtually ever philosophy on earth. That said I’d like to see what pale puppy has planned for the new Mage. Oh did I mention I hate WoD. I had to through in an extra for emphasis.:wink:

5.Return of Judges Guild: Any old schoool roleplayers know the Judges Guild. Sometime bad, sometimes great, but always you felt these guys loved the game. Return of the City State inspired a Whoo Hoo from this gamer.

6. BRP: Chaosium throws it hat back in the ring for a universal roleplaying system. I’m a Chaosium fanboy so I couldn’t be happer. Now if only Runequest would return. Where fore art thou Greg. (BTW I know about HeroQuest it’s not my cup of tea.)

7.Something new and unexpected.

Things that fills me with dread:

A White Wolf subsidiary has gotten hold of my favorite(depends on the day) or second favorite RPG. Pendragon now belongs to WW. I won’t prejudge the products, but given thier history with the WoD line this is not encouraging.

Looking for new players while sifting through the maladjusted, social retarded and plain undependible in order to keep the game going. You guys don’t know how lucky you are in having the players/friends that you do.

Wellard
    • Orc

Oh Glory to the Gods I am not alone. I also detest the WoD Games(though I own the GURPS versions but thats more for completness sake than anything else)

Also D20 Traveller should be considered an abomination in the sight of the gods of gaming(that’s Roscoe ,Monty Haul, and the great god Gaxy Gygar for those not in the know)

WerewolfPaladin
    • Thri-kreen

Right now, I’m looking forward to the OGL version of “A Game of Thrones”. The new Mage interests me somewhat, but I’m not as fired up about that.

Cob37
    • Gelatinous Cube
    Demonix wrote:
    What sort of RPG stuff are you looking forward to this year?

Seeing how I DM a long standing 2E AD&D world, I’m looking forward only to new experiences with some of the 2E stuff I have not used yet, and using a ton of old 1E modules that I’ve purchased from ebay.

For instance, starting with the June 16, 2005 game audio in the “Factions of Auronia” thread, I’ll be weaving in the beginning of G1 with the current characters and storyline. All of you old schoolers might get a kick out of hearing the old stuff!

Ffaern
    • Orc

Aha! a fellow 2nd edition traveller – I definitely have to listen to some of your sessions now.

I’m doing exactly the same as you. I have tons of 2nd edition stuff and I’m gradually buying up the 1st edition back-catalogue on ebay and other sources. I find 1st edition (and even original D&D stuff) converts pretty easily to 2nd.

We have stuck with 2nd because that is where the bulk of our experience lies and with a multi-lingual group where English is not everyone’s first language it’s better to stick with what you already know. I also prefer the more abstract feel of 2nd to 3rd edition, which, much as I admire Monte’s work, I find rather heavy on rules, particularly in combat.

Slag
    • Commoner
    WerewolfPaladin wrote:
    Right now, I’m looking forward to the OGL version of “A Game of Thrones”.

😀

Hell Yeah…I am planning on preordering mine through GOO

http://www.guardiansorder.com/games/got/

The preview they have up looks very nice…

riddles
    • Succubus

OK, I’ve got to ask, as someone who’s been waiting for Secrets of San Fran for a LONG time now, does anyone know if it WILL ever materialise? Not sure how long it’s been “nearly” here but I’d hazard a guess at 5 years now?

re playing with Children, unless I ever get round to writing GURPS Thomas the Tank Engine, my two are a leetle too young at 4 & 2. I reckon about 6 for actual roleplaying (though the 4 year old is interested in heroclix).

and of course for 2005 I’ll be playing WLD as my group are only in area B… (and have been playing since November…)

Anonymous
    • Owlbear
    riddles wrote:
    OK, I’ve got to ask, as someone who’s been waiting for Secrets of San Fran for a LONG time now, does anyone know if it WILL ever materialise? Not sure how long it’s been “nearly” here but I’d hazard a guess at 5 years now?

re playing with Children, unless I ever get round to writing GURPS Thomas the Tank Engine, my two are a leetle too young at 4 & 2. I reckon about 6 for actual roleplaying (though the 4 year old is interested in heroclix).

and of course for 2005 I’ll be playing WLD as my group are only in area B… (and have been playing since November…)

😮 😕 8) 🙂 😳 😳 😳 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 :hal: :mrgreen:

TomBedlam
    • Orc
    riddles wrote:
    OK, I’ve got to ask, as someone who’s been waiting for Secrets of San Fran for a LONG time now, does anyone know if it WILL ever materialise?

Here’s a quote from Paul’s site.

David_Conyers wrote:

Secrets of San Francisco is a definite. I was working on the last of the material to go in it, that’s now done (a few months back now) and its in final layout and art assignments. So don’t be surprised if it comes out this year.

riddles
    • Succubus
    TomBedlam wrote:
    riddles wrote:
    OK, I’ve got to ask, as someone who’s been waiting for Secrets of San Fran for a LONG time now, does anyone know if it WILL ever materialise?

Here’s a quote from Paul’s site.

David_Conyers wrote:

Secrets of San Francisco is a definite. I was working on the last of the material to go in it, that’s now done (a few months back now) and its in final layout and art assignments. So don’t be surprised if it comes out this year.

Don’t believe it. Won’t believe it. It’s all a ploy to getting me to raise my hopes again, to be cruelly dashed once more… 😯

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘General RPG Stuff’ is closed to new topics and replies.