Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter The Files RPGMP3 Desktop Wallpapers

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    swj719
    • Succubus
    Hal wrote:
    I love Lindsay’s character riding the Bashkar 😀

He is the Blaster to her Master…

Keener
    • Drider
    swj719 wrote:
    Hal wrote:
    I love Lindsay’s character riding the Bashkar 😀

He is the Blaster to her Master…

That seems wrong. 😀

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

I hope Hal won’t mind if I put another of his lovely wife’s characters up here as an exploitable pin-up. Sweet, sweet eyecandy.

*cough* …Okay, so here’s one for the Warhammer lover out there (according to the poll, there really only is one person out there interested in the Oldenhaller Contract!); Illiani, this is for you, dude. 😀

Oh, and I forgot to reduce this one to 1024 x 768 format; if this is a problem for anyone, please let me know.

Halfling_of_DOOM_by_mokkurkalfe.jpg

Daniel
    • Succubus
    Pencil-Monkey wrote:
    *cough* …Okay, so here’s one for the Warhammer lover out there (according to the poll, there really only is one person out there interested in the Oldenhaller Contract!); Illiani, this is for you, dude. 😀

Whee! Danke kindly, sir!

Pencil-Monkey wrote:
    Oh, and I forgot to reduce this one to 1024 x 768 format; if this is a problem for anyone, please let me know.

Well it looks like I’ll be the only one using it and its fine for me 😀

Danny

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

On the topic of Warhammer 🙂

My books arrived from Sweden yesterday – wooooooooo! I am now very well Warhammered indeed 🙂 So there may well be a venture down that path once one of the current games explodes or draws to a close 🙂

Hal :hal:

Daniel
    • Succubus

AWESOME!

Isis
    • Succubus

More Warhammer! (oh, and the wallpapers are cool as well :))

Keener
    • Drider
    Isis wrote:
    More Warhammer! (oh, and the wallpapers are cool as well :))

Frankly based on the typical comments through out this site we are happy with more of anything. 😀

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

According to the poll, Rolemaster is still massively in the lead… so here’s a World’s Largest Dungeon wallpaper. 😛

Festive_Balazaar_Wallpaper_by_mokkurkalfe.jpg

I’ve tried to go for something less cluttered, since (in my experience) it helps when the desktop icons aren’t camouflaged by the background image. Sorry Illiani, looks like you’re getting the short end of the Warhammer stick in that respect! 😉

Continuing my fine tradition of being hopeless out of sync with reality, this picture of Balazaar feeling festive was originally intended for New Year’s Eve. I made a little animation with fireworks shooting out of his finger, but I couldn’t find a website that would host .GIF files bigger than 150 x 150 pixels. Frankly, the animation wasn’t all that great (I’d simply stolen a firework animation from another site and pasted Balazaar on top of it, lazy sod that I am), so it may all have turned out for the best. Enjoy.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer
    Hal wrote:
    On the topic of Warhammer 🙂

My books arrived from Sweden yesterday – wooooooooo! I am now very well Warhammered indeed 🙂 So there may well be a venture down that path once one of the current games explodes or draws to a close 🙂

Hal :hal:

Hoody-Hoo! Blood for the Blood God, Skulls for the Skull Throne of… sorry, got a bit carried away.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer
    centauri wrote:
    How about Nutmeg and her crew from Whartson Hall’s Traveller game?

So far, two people have expressed interest in seeing the crew of the good ship Nutmeg staring out at them from their monitor. Seeing as how I’m always aiming to please, I’ve set about an epic journey into the clutch-hungry dark of outer space, hopefully to bring back some juicy bits of loosely Traveller-related goodness (or just my usual junk ;)). Let me take this opportunity to repudiate the rumors that I should have chosen this over any other audios I have missed out on, simply because they’re so nice and short. This has no basis in reality whatsoever, honest guv.[/pokerface]

However, I’ve got a small problem (yeah, yeah, “We know you’ve got problems, we’ve been telling you to seek professional help for ages!”, I hear you cry…). In a way, I am seeking professional help; I’ve turned to the people for an answer to one of the toughest questions that we, as a people, as a race, are facing in these trying times: What kind of hat does capt. John Brevant wear?

I’m not sure I spelled the name right, but you probably know whom I am referring to: the rakish head honcho, le grand fromáge of the Nutmeg. I’ve got the cigar-smoking and the eyepatch-wearing, and am fairly confident I can get around the whisky-swilling (how hard can it be to conceal a hip flask of bourbon around his person?), but I just can’t seem to get his scalp-area right; first I tried a jaunty beret, but he hasn’t got the head for it – it kept ending up looking like a turban, like he was some seedy camel driver extra from a 1980 Lawrence of Arabia remake. I suppose I could just give him an exciting coiffure, but a rumpled hairdo just isn’t the same as a good, stolid hat to lend a man character, as I’m sure you’ll all agree. As SnackGirl once remarked, “I need to wear more hats”.

So if anyone out there in internet-land has some insider information on the latest fashion trends aboard the finest spaceships of the Imperium, please share the goods. Don’t make me break out the thumb screws. 😈

BigJackBrass
    • Drider
    Pencil-Monkey wrote:
    What kind of hat does capt. John Brevant wear?

I’m not sure I spelled the name right, but you probably know whom I am referring to: the rakish head honcho…

That would presumably be Captain Sir Marcus Brabant. The other characters are Force Commander Jack Fletcher, Dame Rachel Alexander and Dame Trudi Bench.

I’ll have to check with Martin, but I tended to picture him wearing something like a NATO field cap.

EDIT: Nutmeg is a more-or-less standard Type-A Free Trader, so she’ll look very much like the one in this picture.

Daniel
    • Succubus
    Pencil-Monkey wrote:
    Sorry Illiani, looks like you’re getting the short end of the Warhammer stick in that respect! 😉

Actually, and quite luckily, the dark areas in the Wallpaper are more, or less, where my folders and icons and what-nots are all hanging about. So all in all, the brightness in areas hasn’t been a problem.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer
    BigJackBrass wrote:
    Pencil-Monkey wrote:
    What kind of hat does capt. John Brevant wear?

I’m not sure I spelled the name right, but you probably know whom I am referring to: the rakish head honcho…

That would presumably be Captain Sir Marcus Brabant. The other characters are Force Commander Jack Fletcher, Dame Rachel Alexander and Dame Trudi Bench.

I’ll have to check with Martin, but I tended to picture him wearing something like a NATO field cap.

EDIT: Nutmeg is a more-or-less standard Type-A Free Trader, so she’ll look very much like the one in this picture.

Really? I wonder where I got ‘John’ from… but thanks! I welcome all the help I can get, especially visual aids. 😉

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer
    Illiani wrote:
    Pencil-Monkey wrote:
    Sorry Illiani, looks like you’re getting the short end of the Warhammer stick in that respect! 😉

Actually, and quite luckily, the dark areas in the Wallpaper are more, or less, where my folders and icons and what-nots are all hanging about. So all in all, the brightness in areas hasn’t been a problem.

Woohoo! Talk about a lucky shot in the dark!… Ahem, what I meant to say, obviously my extensive spy network has rendered detailed information of people’s desktop layouts unto me. Aheheh.

Seriously, I’m glad it works out for you. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • The forum ‘The Files’ is closed to new topics and replies.