Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter Suggestions RPGMP3.com meet

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Thing
    Admin
    • Drider
    WerewolfPaladin wrote:
    Shathis wrote:
    You swing? Does Bradford HAVE the necessary clubs for that activity?

Actually, no we don’t, but thanks for asking. 🙂

Not even like a pendulum do?

Salubrai
    • Succubus
    WerewolfPaladin wrote:
    Shathis wrote:
    You swing? Does Bradford HAVE the necessary clubs for that activity?

Actually, no we don’t, but thanks for asking. 🙂

On the 1% chance that you actually did, it would DEFINITELY spice up the thread. Woo hoo.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant
    Lindsay wrote:
    Some other horrid people are living in my lovely house…i miss my house… 🙁

I’m sorry baby, but they paid loads of money and we are now sat shivering our arses off in “sunny” Texas 😛

To be honest the logical place to have a meeting of the website kind would be at a jumbo massive convention of doom. As they do not have any of these in the UK it would most likely have to be here in the sunny US. The most likely candidates would probably be DragonCon or GenCon for true US bigness 😀 But hey, who knows 😀

Hal :hal:

WerewolfPaladin
    • Thri-kreen

GenCon’s a lot of fun. My wife and I will be going this year and most likely will have the little one with us. We missed last year due to said little one, so we’re looking forward to being able to go this year.

Thing
    Admin
    • Drider

I’m hoping to hit DragonCon this year.

Good time of year for me, and lots going on at the con and in the area for gamers and non-gamers.

And great eye candy in the costumes and whatnot

Lindsay
    • Succubus

Ohh, can i dress up as Super girl?

Thing
    Admin
    • Drider
    Lindsay wrote:
    Ohh, can i dress up as Super girl?

Oh yes!

Although you might have to shorten the skirt a wee bit from the traditional costume.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Funny man 😀

We will have to see if we can arrange to attend a con this year and see if we can lure some of the Bradford kids over at the same time 😉

Hey, you never know, someone might pay for us to go once we get back on our release schedule 😀

Hal :hal:

Thing
    Admin
    • Drider

That would be hella cool.

If you could get that WLD compilation DVD built in time and sell some at a large con like that, or most of the Cons do their own TVMovie channels in the hotels. You might be able to get an audio channel going equivelant to dragoncon TV.

DeTheGreat
    • Orc

They need to do a GenCon in Texas. The people in charge of them are nothing short of dumb IMHO. I mean, QuakeCon is in Dallas every year, and, thanks to the internet, it’s 100% reserved and a waiting line longer than anything is formed in a matter of hours. Texas = gamers!

WerewolfPaladin
    • Thri-kreen

And GenCon’s Pre-Reg site usually collapses within the first few hours of pre-registration opening. Most of the hotels in Indy are swamped with out-of-towners there for the convention. Besides, if it wasn’t in Indy, I wouldn’t be able to go. 🙂 There are two GenCon’s in the US, GenCon Indy and GenCon SoCal.

Fox
    • Thri-kreen
    WhiteKnight wrote:
    I can’t believe there is all this debat going on.

There is only one place it could possibly be hosted. The cradle of RPGMP3.COM, the meet has to be in Bradford.

You can take in local high-spots such as Omars curry house, the shop at the garage across the road from Hal & Lindsays old place, the university RPG society.

I would love to check out Omar’s or Hong Kong Harry’s. Curry and Chinese! Fantabulous food!

I second the idea of it in Bradford. It seems like it would be the logical location to me as well! 😀

The_Nalic
    • Orc

Bradford meet = my car + stuff +(M5, M42, M1, M69) + persuading someone to let me crash on sofa +sofa

Texas meet = (Train + airport + passport+ cab+ hotel) x cash + avoiding being shot + (buying silly hat x cash)

So Bradford would be better

we could always host two events on the same day with a live weblink Live Aid style!

swj719
    • Succubus
    The_Nalic wrote:
    Bradford meet = my car + stuff +(M5, M42, M1, M69) + persuading someone to let me crash on sofa +sofa

Texas meet = (Train + airport + passport+ cab+ hotel) x cash + avoiding being shot + (buying silly hat x cash)

So Bradford would be better

we could always host two events on the same day with a live weblink Live Aid style!

Why in the world would you get shot?

Have Hal’s parents met you before or something? 🙂

The_Nalic
    • Orc

yes.. i heckled hals grooms speach at his wedding by accident… some habbits are really hard to get out of and heckling hal is the hardest i recon 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • The forum ‘Suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.