Forums Archive Roleplaying Chatter D20 RPGA

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Demonix
    • Orc

I’ve just got an e-mail from the RPGA (Role Playing Games Assocication) saying that I passed the GM tests and that I’m now a “Official

RPGA Herald GM”.

😯

What a loverly prezzie for my birthday tomorrow.

😀

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Hooray 😀

Now you can download and run linear substandard adventures 😛

Hal 🙄 😛

Demonix
    • Orc

Just what I always wanted!

😯

WhiteKnight
    • Gelatinous Cube

Anyone else got any RPG/geek accreditation they want to share with the group?

I was a Sanctioned GM for Providence before XID went to the wall.

Kevin
    • Orc

Well its not really very roleplayfull… but its geekyfull… Over the weekend a guy from my site and I downloaded over 5 hours of invader zim on my computer, and mannaged to instal linux on my GAMECUBE which is soooo awesome because I got a keyboard adapter so I can go online with it.

I just had to brag…

OH! Also my kick ass keyboard which i painted green and black.

Edit:

Ah ha! I found something roleplayfull to be proud about, my friend and I (same friend as above) got ADND first edition (I think) monster manual and players handbook, our quest begins for a dm’s guide.

BeanoMcSmite
    • Commoner

i also got my herald level test through, rpga isnt exactly great but theres no choice round here, and I attend a lot of cons so Its nice to have a non level one character 🙂

in addition to that, Im a DCI level 2 certified judge for magic the gathering, thats pretty much my geeky list 🙂

TomBedlam
    • Orc

I got my Herald level card in my wallet, funny thing is don’t know rules for 3.0 and it iteration. I just did the test by process of ellimination.

I did it so I could play the RPGA CoC games at convention. Unfortunately, I discovered like Hal that the scenarios were substandard, linear messes with GMs that hardly know the CoC rules or CoC D20 for that matter. The whole RPGA organization seems to be poorly run with little preparation or care for the adventures they run. That’s my experience anyway.

Other geek qualification include far too much knowledge of comics, obscure movies, roleplaying, philosophy and I turn into a right prick if you engage me in a discussion of literature(literature major). Also a deep appreciation of Monty Python, which seems to plague our game table with drunken redition of the parrot sketch. And to my shame I have LARPed, albeit I don’t discuss it and all witnesses have mysteriously dissappeared.

Although I may be discounted because I have yet to meet(date) anyone via the internet, nor have I spent days of my life showerless playing a MMORPG.

Anonymous
    • Owlbear

I also got my herald level gm card in the mail today woohoo

Anonymous
    • Owlbear
    BeanoMcSmite wrote:
    i also got my herald level test through, rpga isnt exactly great but theres no choice round here, and I attend a lot of cons so Its nice to have a non level one character 🙂

in addition to that, Im a DCI level 2 certified judge for magic the gathering, thats pretty much my geeky list 🙂

Salubrai
    • Succubus

While certification is always a nice thing, I suspect even applying at Wizards of the Coast, this is the kind of certification you wouldn’t want to put on your resume.

swj719
    • Succubus
    Shathis wrote:
    While certification is always a nice thing, I suspect even applying at Wizards of the Coast, this is the kind of certification you wouldn’t want to put on your resume.

“They don’t call this play the Resume-Stain for nothing…”

Salubrai
    • Succubus
    swj719 wrote:
    Shathis wrote:

“They don’t call this play the Resume-Stain for nothing…”

I feel you are making a joke, but I have no idea what you’re talking about.

Keener
    • Drider

Just plug your ears and hum Shathis it will all go away. 😀

Zeph
    • Commoner

I’ve considered applying for RPGA, but I never really saw a point other than meeting alot more roleplayers. Mind you, I’d like that, but I never seem to have enough time for games these days. All of my stuff is online. One of my friends (who is level 2 certified) told me I could probably go top rank if I wanted to. I swear I didn’t memorize the books *runs away, screaming*

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘D20’ is closed to new topics and replies.