Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter World’s Largest Dungeon Region B Inconsistencies(contains spoilers)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    • Owlbear

Ok I was listening to session 12 and following along with the book and a couple of things struck me as illogical.

1)The Well in B13 sounds an alarm and attracts the attention of Goblins in B70( and I note that Hal got confused by this) however there is no way for the goblins to reach B13 without going through the entire region and that takes a lot longer than 4d4 rounds.

I suggest the alarm should attract a patrol of 2d4 goblins(worgs optional)

2)Careful reading and study of the map suggests that the descriptions of Rooms B16 and B17 have been transposed. (Bad proofreading AEG)

Wellard
    • Orc

Just listened to Session 13/1 and found that you had noticed the transposition as well.

😳

However further analysis of the map revales that there is in fact no way for the Goblins to reach the Well at all

Anonymous
    • Owlbear

Don’t take this the wrong way, but what precisely do you expect them to do about these “problems”? This is an entertainment product. And the GM has latitude to do whatever he/she so pleases. RPGMP3, (and correct me if I’m wrong), has absolutely no connection to AEG, nor would AEG be reading this board.

I am sorry to be rude, but criticising RPGMP3 should probably be limited to what they can change and are obviously just wrong – such as audio issues, etc.

Wellard
    • Orc

Whoa hold on there I was not criticising the players or Hal merely pointing out where AEG had got itself tied in knots. Perhaps there is a need for an errata strand somewhwere in this forum because AEG don’t seem to supporting the product very well

Nyarlathotep
    • Commoner
    Wellard wrote:
    Perhaps there is a need for an errata strand somewhwere in this forum because AEG don’t seem to supporting the product very well

If only there was a site similar to the Return to Temple of Elemental Evil over on Monte Cook’s boards, because yes, support from AEG is sadly lacking for this adventure. Of course Jim Pinto no longer works for AEG, which doesn’t help matters, but even when he did he frequented ENWorld far more than he did the AEG official site.

B12 has a discrepency between the description of the depth of the pit (20′) vs. the DM description (40′ deep).

For those who haven’t checked out the RtToEE forums they can be found here: http://p222.ezboard.com/fokayyourturnfrm17 and are the definition of what a support forum can do for a product.

What do you say Hal? Interested in losing the rest of your bandwidth to hosting such a beast? 😉

PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear

An excellent idea, at least I think so! 🙂

On Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil, it was our first (accidental) recording so I’m quite fond of it. Technically that adventure is on Hiatus is is one I’d certainly like to return to, mind you I’d also like to go through 1st edition Keep on the Borderlands again!

Paul

Wellard
    • Orc

Well I wasn’t suggesting a major bandwith takeup just an informal thread to correct the most glaring mistakes. After all if AEG want to charge us £50.00 for WLD( and I got mine from LG;Sorry Paul 😳 ) then the least they could have done was made sure it was proofread.

Some of the mistakes in the boxed text are obviously due to over reliance on spellchecker and such like, “circumnambulate” indeed.

Anyway thats todays rant over. However I would like to praise a certain Games retailer so Paul, can you pass my regards to the staff at Travelling Man Leeds for the fastest delivery of gaming stuff I have ever had. Ordered 12 noon Friday, in Inverness 8am Saturday.

Nyarlathotep
    • Commoner
    Wellard wrote:
    Well I wasn’t suggesting a major bandwith takeup just an informal thread to correct the most glaring mistakes.

🙂 I still would like to see a fan site that compiles errata, has a FAQ and has multiple threads from multiple DM’s asking for and giving advice on varient plots/monster stats/helpful hints etc… It really would have to be a forum all of it’s own. But if Hal is interested, I’m willing to compile any errors I’ve found and any posts made to it (as time allows).

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Hey folks,

Yeah! Go for it! Fire away!

I will bang up a new section in the Forums for you and you can fill it up with errata and FAQ and all kinds of WLD related stuff. See if you can break by bandwidth! I dare you 😛

Also, in my defense regarding the alarm in the well incident. That was an executive decision. The party would have eaten a few Goblins and by the time they had run from the room the Alarm sounds in round to the well with their little legs, the party would be long gone 😀 It was just a matter of considering that idea a little ridiculous. I should have replaced it with the Fireball 😛

Hal :hal:

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

All done 😀

There is now a whole new section of the forum dedicated to the World’s Largest Dungeon FAQ and Errata Project 😀

WLD FAQ and Errata Forum

Enjoy folks

PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear
    Hal wrote:
    See if you can break by bandwidth! I dare you 😛

Now there’s a challenge…

Nyarlathotep
    • Commoner
    Hal wrote:
    All done 😀

There is now a whole new section of the forum dedicated to the World’s Largest Dungeon FAQ and Errata Project 😀

WLD FAQ and Errata Forum

Enjoy folks

Very cool Hal! Thanks! I’m going through the WLD thread on ENWorld pulling out all the adventure related comments so when I get that done, I’ll start posting it here (of course with proper accreditation <- is this a real word?). I’m starting prep work for my next session on Wednesday, so I’ll definately be posting any errors that I find then.

PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear
    PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear

For those who want to suck some more bandwidth:

BURPS take on GODLIKE 256K version (RealVideo)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘World’s Largest Dungeon’ is closed to new topics and replies.