Forums Archive Non RPG Chatter Miniature Painting REAPER minis – Great deal!

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Balgin
    • Succubus

Well my box arrived a couple of weeks ago and it’s a chuffing big box. I was eager to try out Reaper’s claim that this material is “so good you can paint it without an undercoat”.

Well, you can :D.

A few more details: the surface/material takes paint really well. I needed to be careful with the base coats to ensure they weren’t too thin. Now part of this is because I’ve been using black undercoats for ages and part is because I was using this enw material. I’m quite pleased with the results but, because I haven’t used white undercoats for ages, I’m having to readjust and learn how colours will look different because of a lack of underpainting.

I only painted a handful (five) of faces to see how it would turn out and the reuslts are pretty positive. I might put up a few pictures sometime later. Maybe I’ll even get ’round to painting more than one or two of these. I’m just glad I split the box with a friend so I get to give about 120-125 of thema way and not have them loitering in the queue :).

MelkiorWhiteblade
    • Owlbear

I was thinking about all those minis to paint the other day…It will be quite the summer project.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘Miniature Painting’ is closed to new topics and replies.