Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter Suggestions Ravenloft

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Thing
    Admin
    • Drider

I would love to hear the gang take on Ravenloft. Swprd & Sorcery out of White Wolf produces Ravenloft source books and such for 3E

EegahInc
    • Gelatinous Cube

No cutting in line. I’ve been begging for Ravenloft (the original one) for quite awhile now. They chose to go with TOEE for the first “classic” game, which has turned out great for the first three sessions so far. (3, count’em 3. Shameless Patron plug 😀 ) But I still wouldn’t mind hearing them take a go at Ravenloft in the future.

Thing
    Admin
    • Drider
    EegahInc wrote:
    No cutting in line. I’ve been begging for Ravenloft (the original one) for quite awhile now. They chose to go with TOEE for the first “classic” game, which has turned out great for the first three sessions so far. (3, count’em 3. Shameless Patron plug 😀 ) But I still wouldn’t mind hearing them take a go at Ravenloft in the future.

D’oh, I must have missed that in the archives. I really liked the 2nd Ed Ravenloft and have just started looking at the 3E versions, although my gaming group never moved from 3.0 to 3.5 so I will have to adjust things if I run it. I think a 3E run could be nice because It would give a good chance to review the material.

And I fully plan on doing the patron thing, I just have to figure a good forum subtitle, or if I reach 6 dice without that i will just subscribe anyways I guess.

Salubrai
    • Succubus

Ravenloft is quite nice. But I’ve never liked Strahd.

Thing
    Admin
    • Drider
    Shathis wrote:
    Ravenloft is quite nice. But I’ve never liked Strahd.

I didn’t think you where supposed tio like Strahd. He’s a bad guy Shathis. 😆

Salubrai
    • Succubus

I don’t dislike Strahd in the kinda “bad guy, but cool antagonist” sort of way.

I just think he’s a suck overpowered character who is not very interesting. 🙂

Thing
    Admin
    • Drider
    Shathis wrote:
    I don’t dislike Strahd in the kinda “bad guy, but cool antagonist” sort of way.

I just think he’s a suck overpowered character who is not very interesting. 🙂

True that. Then again I think part of Ravenloft if being unbalanced with the darkness having the home turf advantage.

And how am I supposed to catch up to your total posts when you keep posting? 😉

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

I have to say I do like Ravenloft as a setting but I find it a little difficult to get my head around things like Elven and Kender Vampires. They just seem a little more comedy than horror 😀

I always liked Dark Sun for a true DnD survival experience 😀 However I do have a number of the Ravenloft books for both 2nd and 3rd Edition and might consider a one off or two into the Hexad 😛

Hal :hal:

Thing
    Admin
    • Drider
    Hal wrote:
    I always liked Dark Sun for a true DnD survival experience 😀 However I do have a number of the Ravenloft books for both 2nd and 3rd Edition and might consider a one off or two into the Hexad 😛

Hal :hal:

Sweet. Darksun is pretty good. Not quite parnoia for character deaths.

Of course I think my shortest life expectancy for a character was when a DM noticed how D20 really made it easy for mixing systems and bringing CoC into the mix. ALthough I much prefer the pre-D20 CoC game mechanics.

Salubrai
    • Succubus

I -love- Dark Sun, nearly as much as Planescape. I only like Planescape because I have an excuse to dip into many worlds as suits my wicked whims.

But Dark Sun is very shiny and fun. Although I never did quite figure out how the mages were so badass to mess up the SUN rather than just the mess up Athas. 😛

It is said that on Athas, “dwarves are bald, with a tendency to become mentally-focused or obsessed on achieving designated goals.” Sound familiar?

In a way (but only one way), it’s too bad you have so many campaigns going on. A Dark Sun RPGMP3 campaign would be soooo fun to hear.

Still, I’m loving ToEE.

ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

I always prefered my own original modules and stories, but I have to say the original Ravenloft made it in to several campaigns. I thought it was a fantastic module.

Salubrai
    • Succubus
    ENoa4 wrote:
    I always prefered my own original modules and stories, but

…. says the man who converted two or more classic D&D modules for Neverwinter nights.

Hehehe… teasing. Yes, I remember Hythum.

Thing
    Admin
    • Drider
    Shathis wrote:
    ENoa4 wrote:
    I always prefered my own original modules and stories, but

…. says the man who converted two or more classic D&D modules for Neverwinter nights.

Hehehe… teasing. Yes, I remember Hythum.

I started converting Barrier Peaks to NWN, but ran afoul of too many new beasties and new graphics needed. Nonetheless, it did give me an excuse to puzzle out some of that scripting systm.

ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

I thought about Barrier Peaks myself, but was wary of the same issue you mentioned. I’m sure it would be a smash if someone did a good conversion.

Thing
    Admin
    • Drider
    ENoa4 wrote:
    I thought about Barrier Peaks myself, but was wary of the same issue you mentioned. I’m sure it would be a smash if someone did a good conversion.

Yeah, unfortunately I don’t have the graphics skills, but since it was mainly a learning exercise it was worth while.

I tried doing a module of my own design, but I ran into the same problem as when I have tried DMing in real life. I have balance issues. Either way to easy or I overthink things into death traps.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • The forum ‘Suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.