Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Prior_Gunnar
    • Commoner

Hi Folks

We record our D&D sessions and stick them on the internet as podcasts. Can I advertise this? and if so, which forum do I advertise them on

The Prior

woojitsu
    • Gelatinous Cube

Hey Prior.

These forums are designed to be a community where roleplayers can come together, have some fun, and discuss the audios on the site. A few of the members pimp out their own content on occasion, but most of us are not amused by people who create an account solely to advertise.

Of course, final say on what you can and cannot post is up to Hal, the site owner, but I can practically guarantee you that he won’t look kindly on you if you advertise here but don’t contribute to the community.

Prior_Gunnar
    • Commoner

Thanks for that, I just wanted to understand the situation

swj719
    • Succubus

Though to be fair, that guy didn’t JUST advertise…

He also made personal attacks on the site-owner’s wife…

that MIGHT have colored our opinion. 🙂

Prior_Gunnar
    • Commoner

Oh well

I’m not that kind of person. I’ll try and join in a bit

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Hey there,

We are more than happy for folks to post up other content that enhances the site as long as they are also active contributors. Essentially feel free to post up things and contribute to other areas of the site and we should be fine 🙂

Throw up and link and see what kind of feedback you get 🙂 What kinds of games do you record?

Cheers

Hal :hal:

swj719
    • Succubus

You seem, at least, to be polite.

That’s points for you right there… 🙂

Prior_Gunnar
    • Commoner
    Hal wrote:
    Hey there,

We are more than happy for folks to post up other content that enhances the site as long as they are also active contributors. Essentially feel free to post up things and contribute to other areas of the site and we should be fine 🙂

Throw up and link and see what kind of feedback you get 🙂 What kinds of games do you record?

Cheers

Hi Hal, I’ve recently joined a D&D group, I was a little concerned to start when the DM talked about how the session was recorded, broadcast over FM radio at a local radio station, and then put on the internet as a podcast. But, then I downloaded some of the sessions and listened to them. The campaign we have started is called The Forgotten Isle. I was hooked immediately and couldn’t wait to join in.

I was a fan of their game before I joined. It was really exciting for me to meet the group of players who had started this project. I’d be like “I recognise your voice, you play Drent the Gnome Illusionist(Thief)”. The group has now played and recorded 9 sessions, and the podcasts are available to download, but I don’t want to tread on anyone’s toes by advertising the website where they can be downloaded. Perhaps if I subtlety added the www address after my signature?

The Prior

http://brfm.mypodcast.com/

fingers crossed I don’t get into trouble

riddles
    • Succubus

Prior, of course you realise that we now have to kill you, don’t you! 😯

😛

Nah, others have posted here and everyone is pretty cool about it. Just don’t be (and here I quote swj) “a dick” and you’ll be fine!

Others have done this fine – Cob37 used to alot (and also post photos of his new house) and kafkonia more recently (possibly only in the patrons section?). And of course the Whartson Hall lot are merely affiliates of the original BURPS crew! 😆

BigJackBrass
    • Drider
    Prior_Gunnar wrote:
    It was really exciting for me to meet the group of players who had started this project. I’d be like “I recognise your voice, you play Drent the Gnome Illusionist(Thief)”.

I was much the same when I first heard Paul of Cthulhu’s voice floating across a crowded convention hall. It was all I could not to duck under a table to dodge the inevitable fireball (and if you listen to the World’s Largest Dungeon recordings on this site you’ll understand my concern).

riddles wrote:
    And of course the Whartson Hall lot are merely affiliates of the original BURPS crew!

“Merely affiliates”… Of course you realise, sir, that this means war? 😉

Prior_Gunnar
    • Commoner

Thanks Riddles & BigJack

I’m not a dick, I’m not hear to overly hype up the podcast game I’m involved in, I’m not here to flame anyone, I’m not here to be a pain in the behind.

I’ve received a nice warm welcome, so I plan on sticking around a bit and get to know you folks

thanks

The Prior

http://brfm.mypodcast.com/ 😉

PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear

Nice quality audio! Out of interest what equipment do you you use, if I may ask?

From the accents, a Welsh group.

It’s the first time I’ve heard games being broadcast on FM Radio stations. Excellent! I’m guessing BRfm, serving Brynmawr and around Blaenau Gwent?

Also, interesting use of background music, does add something.

Paul

Prior_Gunnar
    • Commoner
    PaulofCthulhu wrote:
    Nice quality audio! Out of interest what equipment do you you use, if I may ask?

From the accents, a Welsh group.

It’s the first time I’ve heard games being broadcast on FM Radio stations. Excellent! I’m guessing BRfm, serving Brynmawr and around Blaenau Gwent?

Also, interesting use of background music, does add something.

Paul

Seriously, thankyou very much for listening Paul. You are correct, we are Welsh, and correct again on the radio station front. We play every two weeks on a Friday, the actual game is broadcast at 10pm on a Monday evening (it is possible to catch it from the listen now option on the radio website).

We record at the radio station, so we have access to good microphone and recording equipment. We record to minidisk, which then gets transcoded suitable for FM broadcast. We are not in a studio, but we are in a quiet area of the building.

I’m seriously chuffed that someone has asked top questions. I really wasn’t expecting it.

Again, many thanks

The Prior

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Oooooooh! The ideal situation! Recording in a sound proof room 🙂

How I aspire 😀

Nice sound quality 🙂 It is always an issue when recording a round table style thing! Good job!

swj719
    • Succubus

Don’t worry. The stupid questions will start soon enough… 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • The forum ‘Suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.