Forums Gaming Chat Roleplaying Pleasures and Pains

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    BigJackBrass
    • Drider

The weekend may be almost over but that’s no reason to abandon thoughts of lovely gaming! A simple thread, this: post something about games and gaming that you like and something that you don’t. Elaborate if you wish. To begin:

Pleasure:

IMAG0116_zpse432ec8d.jpg

Conventions. I spent Saturday at the YSDC Games Day in Yorkshire, last weekend at Whartstock, and after an absence of two years I’m booked in for the UK Games Expo next May. Meeting other gamers, whether it’s a few friends or a horde of strangers, is a delight and reinforces the wonderful social nature of our hobby. Make the effort if ever you can, conventions are worth your time.

Pain:

D00_10_Sided_Dice_5_red-500x500_zpsb7159

One of the least necessary inventions ever made: the so-called “D00.” Rather than rolling a couple of D10s, one for “tens” and one for “units,” somebody had the brilliant marketing wheeze of making a special die to take the place of the tens die! Never mind that it doesn’t make things easier to read than rolling different coloured D10s, or that it’s far less useful for anything except rolling percentages, it’s something else to sell to gamers. Now it’s common for sets of polyhedral dice to have one of these useless lumps in them, adding a quid to the price and another chunk of plastic to the recycling pile.

Slartibartfast
    • Gelatinous Cube

Pleasure: The shared escapism.

Pain: The constantly poor quality of takeaway food that I eat whilst gaming… I accept full responsibility for not doing something about this though.  I will bring better snacks next time!

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

A simple thread, this: post something that will make all other gamers super-jealous, and rub it in people’s faces while you twirl the villainous mustache over your supercilious gloating sneer. Elaborate if you wish. To begin: […] I spent Saturday at the YSDC Games Day in Yorkshire, last weekend at Whartstock, and after an absence of two years I’m booked in for the UK Games Expo next May.

Fixed that for you. 😉

Daniel
    • Succubus

Pleasure: The joy of company

Pain: people invade my lair.

Aethyr
    • Thri-kreen

Pleasure: A confirmed critical at the height of a boss battle!

Pain: Rolling a one when you are doing something ordinary that you should be great at.

insert witticism here

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Roleplaying’ is closed to new topics and replies.