Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    • Owlbear

Thanks for the compliment about Hythum I 😀 I am very pleased you like it.

I don’t know of any way to maintain state in between builds of the module, but there hasn’t been anything critical for a while, so I’d suggest sticking with the build you’ve got unless you see something in the new list of features that is important for you.

The original Hythum is doing pretty good on NWVault. Hythum II will be very different, a big dungeon crawl rather than a epic story. I think this may disappoint some people, but it’s what I felt like writting. Hopefully many people who liked the original will check out the new one. Some of those people will probably wind up checking out rpgmp3.com (I hope). The WLD is very entertaining to listen to.

If I have time I’ll try to post a few screen shots of the WLD characters in Hythym II.

I’m anxious for part 17 myself.

ENoa4

ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

I must have been logged out for that last post. Sorry about that!

ENoa4 😳

Salubrai
    • Succubus

I hope you manage to include Balazar’s basic utter insanity / indifference to danger. I find it interesting that, while turning into a Vargyouile (sp?) he seemed to think it might be an interesting way to “lose weight” and that “I’ve had worse!”

I don’t think there could be a more perfect situation to capture the essence of that character.

Concerning Hythum, I liked it mostly because of the fine nature of the storytelling. Though usually city adventures are better at it, a good writer is able to do that in any setting. Hordes of the Underdark was a fine example of a dungeon crawl that had good storytelling as well. Seeing as I have not seen a well-written dungeon crawl since then, I am putting up high hopes for Hythum 2.

Probably my favorite unofficial module so far is a toss-up between Blackguard 1,2,3 and Cormyrean Nights. The former because of the humorous way he handled such a dark character and the latter because of the well-defined and very well designed world. Hythum interested me first of all because it resembled a book I’m writing (in having a floating city, and limited to only that point) and kept me interested from there onwards with the fine design. Dungeon crawls are not my cup of tea unless they have a certain multi-solution quality to them and feel like real places rather than reasons to pack in traps. Icewind Dale showed how to make the perfect dungeons, in my opinion. You sliced your way through armies, not even expecting some of the amazing things you found.

— “the bugbear nation is no more”

ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

I think I’ve got a pretty good premise and an interesting story behind Hythum II. I may go back and add some additional Balazaar one liners now. You’ve suggested some fun stuff. I’ve tried to do it so it makes sense regardless of if you’ve heard the WLD recordings or not, while capturing the spirit of the characers. (Goodness that sounds like a tall order).

I may actually play a few modules too, and take a break from writing. Hythum II just kind evoled from a little project for my own enjoyment. Then I decided I absolutely had to include the WLD characters, then the first one did so well I expanded it a bit.

I think it’s looks quite good, and the atmosphere is exactly what I hoped. I’m looking forward to releasing it very soon.

If you’ve got time and are include, drop by NWvault and rate the original Hythum. I’d greatly appreciate it! 🙂

ENoa4

ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

On an unrelated note, how many posts do I need for the little dice to change from two to three? Just curious.

ENoa4

Salubrai
    • Succubus

If I keep replying you may very well get there. How do you like my Venger avatar? 🙂

You have Paul willing to voice Balazar. Can you get the rest of the crew onboard to voice their characters? Seems like it’d be a lotta audio! But it’s ok… not many are on 56k modems anyway. And you can always use CEP content to keep the size down for other stuff.

Is there any animal in NWN that resembles a weasel?

Oh, and what do you plan to use for their particular character art?

Be sure to include hobnobs as an “Easter Egg” item.

ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

I better start writing all this down… 😆

PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear

This is all great stuff!

Offer to record still stands if you ever need it.

P. (B.)

ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

Thanks. I don’t know if I’m going to do audio recordings. I haven’t played with that for previous NWN modules. Perhaps I’ll add that in a future release of the module. (Goodness, I’m thinking about future versions and release 1.0 isn’t out yet) 😯 It’s getting warmer out and my kids are getting busier in activities, cutting down on my comuter time a bit, but can’t ever seem to let these things go forever. I’m like a crack adict if I don’t get my D&D fix. 😆

ENoa4

ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

Now I just said I didn’t think I had time to add audio, but yet I looked up this link on the net http://nwn.bioware.com/builders/sounds_wav.html. I’ve got to resist, but it may be too late. 🙂

We’ll see.

ENoa4

Salubrai
    • Succubus

Even so, the major reason Balazar is funny is the horrible Scottish / German / sometimes Transylvanian accent that typifies him. And he offered! Perfect chance to get his voice. And how can you beat using the voice of Kodo? (Yesssss masttttahhhhh)

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Ooooooh! Custom sounds 😛

Hal :hal:

Salubrai
    • Succubus
    Hal wrote:
    Ooooooh! Custom sounds 😛

Hal :hal:

It might involve getting quite a few lines recorded by everyone there… sounds like quite a job. But it would be Soooooo cool. Don’t resist, EnoA4. Give us a talking Balazar. 😆

ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

I’m thinking about it…. I may need to revamp and add a bit of dialog. We’ll see… I’m contemplating it.

Salubrai
    • Succubus

How’s progress, by the way? Always interested in an update!

Did you manage to snag anyone else for custom sounds, besides Paul for Balaazar the (bald dwarven) Wizard?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • The forum ‘World’s Largest Dungeon’ is closed to new topics and replies.