Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter World’s Largest Dungeon Other listeners from Japan?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Salubrai
    • Succubus

I feel like I’m in a bit of a roleplaying vacuum living here right outside Tokyo, Japan! Are there any fellow roleplayers living in the land of the rising sun? I’d love to meet anyone to help organise a group of like-minded English or Japanese speaking roleplayers.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Get recruiting on those Japanese roleplaying forums you 😛

Hal :hal:

Salubrai
    • Succubus

Gimme a link, mate.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

OK! 😀 For a little promo work in the Land of the Rising Sun I think we should start with some of the links off this page

Japanese RPG Portal Site

English Version For The Curious

There must be some kind of forums and stuff off there that we can get all pimped up on 😀 Especially by someone who can speak the lingo and most likely has the keyboard to do the writing 😛

Hal :hal:

Ffaern
    • Orc

My brother lives in Osaka and used to play a regular Rolemaster game with a bunch of Aussies and a couple of Japanese guys but that seems to have dried up since he started travelling a lot on business. So I was wondering whether role-playing games were a popular thing with Japanese people? Is it difficult to get a game going?

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

Hajmemashite.

Salubrai
    • Succubus

Yeah dude, hajimemashite to you too, but I thought we already had. 😛

As for roleplaying, are you kidding? This country loves RPGs. But they are more focused on the computer/video game aspect – with a massive card game subculture bigger than any (I think) in the western world. Tabletop roleplaying is lesser. I think it has to do with the lesser importance of a history of oral storytelling. While it does exist, it is not the same as you might imagine. I think this has a distinct effect on how tabletop roleplaying is done.

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear
    Shathis wrote:
    Yeah dude, hajimemashite to you too, but I thought we already had. 😛

Yeah, shhhhh. I’m in Japanese 101. so Kon’nichiwa, though for you it is probably a 12-14 hour time difference so that would be Ohayo gozaimaisu.

How do realtive time greetings work over timezones?

Salubrai
    • Succubus

Japan is Japan, and the only country in which Japanese is spoken by any sizable group. So whatever time it is HERE. 🙂

Japanocentrism at its most sensible. hehe

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear
    Shathis wrote:
    Japan is Japan, and the only country in which Japanese is spoken by any sizable group. So whatever time it is HERE. 🙂

I’m sizable.

Salubrai
    • Succubus

Attack of the mchvlichldprdgy Clones?

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

No, just schizophrenia, or actually MPD. All five thoiusand of me, inside my head, speak nihongo.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘World’s Largest Dungeon’ is closed to new topics and replies.