Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter World’s Largest Dungeon Official Addicts’ Session 19 & 20 Beg thread

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    • Owlbear

Having seen the webcast of session 20 nearly a week ago now, I am instituting the offical “beg thread” (ie: “Please please give us a room!” -Warhammer: OC) for Sessions 19 & 20 of the World’s Largest Dungeon.

As we know, editing work is not easy nor is it convenient, but we addicts would like to beg anyway. Post soon! Post early! Post well. We’re all waiting breathlessly.

Add your voices to the chorus, fellow addicts. 😮

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

As you have asked so nicely 😛 And mainly because I was planning on doing it anyway (as Lindsay is revising for her exams). I have uploaded and connected Session 19 for you all 😀

Session 19 – Part 1

Session 19 – Part 2

Hope its OK folks! I will see what I can do to get Session 20 sorted out, but as Fin is now away consumating his union :p we are going to be pressed to get another session so I may hold it for a little while 😀

Let me know what you think!

Hal :hal:

Anonymous
    • Owlbear

Woo hoo! Thanks Hal!

Wellard
    • Orc

we can only hope that Feylin is in a better mood by session 20

ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

Hi,

Almost done with part 19, and I’m really enjoying it. 🙂

Thanks for mentioning one of my posts in game, it was fun to be mentioned.

BTW… my NWN mod with your characters is doing quite well it’s had 489 downloads and has a current rating of 10 out of 10. The rating won’t last, I gave it a 10, so did my wife and best friend. I hope you get some extra traffic here as a result. I mention your site in the read me and in the module.

Thanks again for some great entertainment.

ENoa4

tomlib
    • Orc

Once again it is excellent work by the RPGMP3 team.

I thoroughly enjoy listening to these sessions. The thought of a Cthulhu game next is quite exciting as well. Will the WLD ever come to an end? I certainly hope not for quite a while yet at least.

I’m also amazed by fellow fan’s dedication to the effort. I thought my own Annotated Maps a labor of love (some might say a sign of insanity) but other efforts are even more astounding!

Session 20 and its great surprise cannot come quickly enough for me. Bring back Fin from his honeymoon early and get on with the important bits of life!

Tom

Salubrai
    • Succubus

We certainly already got the spoiler for session 20’s interesting little difference by listening to session 19 and for what Hal said he could edit out later (but did not)

I was a bit worried that session 20’s little surprise would be that they found their way out of the BLOODY DUNGEON!!!

Hopefully that will not be a second surprise. But I would not blame them for becoming a little bit tired of the crawl in general. Though I would love to hear more sessions for years to come, as well. Still, it wouldn’t bother me terribly much to hear continuation out of the dungeon and into wider realms of Faerun, ESPECIALLY if they used the same characters. Hearing a trip to Waterdeep or a sojourn to Cormyr would be fantastic. The possibilities are endless. It is a celestial dungeon, so how about escaping to Sigil and walking the planes? Ha ha… Balazaar throwing fireballs in Carceri, Feylin nicking stuff off Giths, Bastion MEETING Torm (Torm of Bastion?!), or Gerout getting in bar fights with Mercykillers.

But PLEASE do keep the same characters. I’m sure we all have our favorites. 8)

The only thing that might be negative about leaving the venue of the WLD is that frequency of new material might slow down. 😯 Hope not! 😀

PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear

Ho-ho! Fear not, there are more twists & turns in #20 than even alluded to in session #19, and I guess Hal forgot that edit. 😉

and I think it’s fair to say that the hardy band are still very much in the Dungeon!

Hal also has some photos to upload, including examples of Gerout’s battle injuries and a classic of Steve from Fin’s (Gerout’s) wedding reception…

How was the webcam BTW? Would people like it again with a little more notice? We can’t quite run to full motion video yet!

Cob37
    • Gelatinous Cube

My vote would be for the characters to continue on to a new 3E module, and since I don’t read or play 3E it would be all new to me.

Anonymous
    • Owlbear

I loved the web cam and had it running in the background at work. I’m sure I saw someone cheating. 😆

Great game. Can’t wait for 20.[/i]

PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear

😮

I will probably also reconfigure the gallery section for larger images as well.

Salubrai
    • Succubus

Live would be lovely. But it seems people are a bit shy about showing their faces. I only saw the final 5 images, but everyone is hiding!

PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear

🙂 it’s likely more to do with where we can physically place the camera and computer in the room! (The net connection itself is at least wireless.)

I’ve been looking into the logistics of live streaming, but it may be more than I can handle right now. However if anyone has any experience/technical knowledge, would love to hear!

TomBedlam
    • Orc

The Burps Godlike seemed to work pretty well. Why not do it in RealVideo? Just this time focus it on the players. Not to say the Gm wasn’t entertaining rather I like to see the player interact.

PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear

I guess we’re looking at two different things:

1) Video recording and putting up on the web site in a similar way to the audio files.

2) Live (i.e. real time) video streaming.

For #1 these would be big files and we’d need a vid cam that can record three hours at a time – and may be of reduced (long term/regular) interest – audio is great for when your multitasking!

For #2 we would likely have to use a windows media or shoutcast/NSV server. Realmedia servers can be expensive to use (last time I looked). The occasional live stream could add a bit of fun knowing it’s absolutely live. (With possibility of live feedback?)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • The forum ‘World’s Largest Dungeon’ is closed to new topics and replies.