Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter Night Below Night Below Session 9

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    PrestoJeff
    • Thri-kreen

I’m hoping that y’all will play more D&D, whatever edition it is. Even though I don’t play it any more myself, I do enjoy listening to it.

CrazyMLC
    • Orc

If you had burned the place down all of your fancy lewtz would be a pile of ashes. 🙁

Rum_151
    • Thri-kreen
    James wrote:
    You know…if we had just burnt the fuckin place down like I wanted….

Hey! I don’t get to kill the golin cleric, you don’t get to burn the place down.

popper
    • Orc

Okay, before I say anything else, I would like to say that I’ve really enjoyed this series. You all were very enjoyable to listen to and I’m only sorry you couldn’t keep going further into the adventure.

CrazyMLC wrote:
    If you had burned the place down all of your fancy lewtz would be a pile of ashes. 🙁

Only perishables would have been burnt to ashes. They could still have salvaged the precious mineral slag (gold, copper, et al) and jewelry, as well as, the melted weaponry. Obviously magical gear would have survived and they would have garnered the experience from killing the entire force within. To me it seems that in their physical condition prior to the assault that burning that mother to the ground was a cost-effective move.

eformo wrote:
    . . . Thinking back to the character generation, it might have gone better if a few things had been otherwise. First off, I think the group might have worked together in a manner better conducive to success if Hal had stuck to the “no evil characters” line. The characters definitely were not working together . . .

There was definitely an underlying antagonism between the characters in this campaign; but I think that we do a disservice to the players if we identify the cause as simply some were evil, others not so much. When I take a look back on several of the recent series I find it hard to point to very many instances where they worked cohesively, in a united front, outside of combat. And to be honest, the dysfunctional nature of their group often works to their collective benefit. Each of the players bring unique perspectives to the games played and their individual worldviews expressed through their characters are not always going to mesh well – especially when you consider that in this series you have three characters (played by Lindsey, Chris, and James) who are antagonistic towards those inconsiderate situations where things simply do not go their way and another (played by Goggles) whose persistence can only be admired while it annoys his companions.

James
    • Gelatinous Cube
    Quote:
    To me it seems that in their physical condition prior to the assault that burning that mother to the ground was a cost-effective move.

Thank You!

CrazyMLC
    • Orc

It would be up to Hal if you guys deserved to earn exp from lighting a fire and walking away. I’d think the fire would gain exp. 😛

But yeah, it might have been better to burn it all down, but where is the fun in that?! 😀

popper
    • Orc
    CrazyMLC wrote:
    It would be up to Hal if you guys deserved to earn exp from lighting a fire and walking away. I’d think the fire would gain exp. 😛

Yeah, Hal would have to make the call; but I think it would probably be in the favor of the players as they directly caused the death of those within through the use of the fire. After all it’s being used in the same fashion as a sword being wielded by the players. It accomplishes the same goal only in a far more effective and widespread manner. To argue against it logically would be similar to saying that player X doesn’t get experience for killing seven orks by pushing a bolder on them because he used the bolder. The implement shouldn’t matter, only the action.

CrazyMLC wrote:
    But yeah, it might have been better to burn it all down, but where is the fun in that?! 😀

Perhaps it’s because I’m from the south, but fire is always fun – especially in large amounts with grain alcohol. And believe me when I say this, if there is a fire in the south larger than a matchstick there will be alcohol involved.

Ieqo
    • Owlbear
    popper wrote:
    And believe me when I say this, if there is a fire in the south larger than a matchstick there will be alcohol involved.

Or tires. 😀

popper
    • Orc

Or garbage.

eformo
    • Gelatinous Cube

Or the Federal Government (I’m in Waco TX)

Calibret0
    • Bullywug

This is my first post and i am loving this site but I gotta say that it wasn’t anyones fault really. The problem was simply that no one was listening to Hal! He had to say some things like 5 times and was giving all kinds of hints the whole time, etc.

example:

Very hurt Goggles: “I listen at the door.”

Hal: ” You hear panting and someone saying “It will be ok pups, the fire will be out in a minute.””

Very hurt Goggles: “I open the door.”

Hal: “2 huge dogs attack you.”

Soon to be dead Goggles: “What dogs?!! AAAAhhh…I’m dead.” 🙁

Im paraphrasing of course. 😀

Lindsay
    • Succubus

Finally, someone who understands…

I think we can be friends!

😀

Keener
    • Drider
    Lindsay wrote:

😀

I think some of us also understand. 😀

Calibret0
    • Bullywug
    Lindsay wrote:

😀

Yay! I made a friend!

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • The forum ‘Night Below’ is closed to new topics and replies.