Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter Night Below Night Below Session 9

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Telemergion
    • Owlbear

We won’t hold it against you

Vaeron
    • Thri-kreen
    Balgin wrote:
    First the Thousand Thrones and now this. Why do you guys still play with Chris?!

From what I can make of it, you play two times a week and at one of those times he really isn’t in the mood (and destroys games). Perhaps some scheduling arrangement could be made to prevent this. Or he could not play during his downtime/offtime mood periods.

I suspect they’d rather cancel playing than exclude Chris. His character was difficult in Night Below, but it’s not fair to blame what happened here or in Warhammer on him. Granted, there were a few moments in NB where it seemed like he was actually angry out of character, but he’s provided some really enjoyable audio in Rolemaster, the Christmas specials, and the new game.

If anything, a case can be made that Chris was the smart one in this scenario, since he survived it. It’s not like there was a Back The Play contract this time. Maybe that’s something this group should think about instituting in every game. lol

deerpoob
    • Flumph

I dont see how Chris is to blame, I honest really enjoy his comments and yelling, even if he does get angry from time to time, He wanted the group not to go in, if he had gone in as well chances are he just would have died as well, all he really did was stick to the alignment choice he made, and didnt do something quite clearly stupidly heroic.

Telemergion
    • Owlbear

Chris hasn’t even busted my earphones in a while, so we’re cool.

For now…

MelkiorWhiteblade
    • Owlbear

This one was quite enjoyable. I was listening to the second half of it coming into work today. Even though the rainy commute is horrible, Hal describing the basement level and it’s ‘entrances’ really made my day.

BigJackBrass
    • Drider
    Balgin wrote:
    First the Thousand Thrones and now this. Why do you guys still play with Chris?!

Because they like to? Because they like him? Gosh, wouldn’t that be weird! 🙄

Commenting on the sessions is one thing. Directly insulting the players is something I think we would all rather not see; I know that I’d certainly appreciate a rather more constructive approach to this sort of criticism, please.

Ieqo
    • Owlbear

…because he’s part of the group. Because roleplaying is (to most well-adjusted adults) a social activity rather than a strictly goal-oriented mandate.

If you’re not happy with a game or the way things turn out is one thing (and frankly we’d suspect an imposter if you actually posted being happy about anything), but personal attacks are simply inexcusable.

Rum_151
    • Thri-kreen
    Balgin wrote:

From what I can make of it, you play two times a week and at one of those times he really isn’t in the mood (and destroys games). Perhaps some scheduling arrangement could be made to prevent this. Or he could not play during his downtime/offtime mood periods.

Because I have pictures of everyone, most involving goats, midgets in gimp masks & lubricants of various flavors. 😈

deerpoob
    • Flumph

Chris is great at the table, I love his yelling and random bouts of laughcoughing, besides this time wasnt his fault!

Rum_151
    • Thri-kreen
    deerpoob wrote:
    Chris is great at the table, I love his yelling and random bouts of laughcoughing, besides this time wasnt his fault!

Yea, I…… this time??????? 😆

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant
    BigJackBrass wrote:
    Balgin wrote:

Because they like to? Because they like him? Gosh, wouldn’t that be weird! 🙄

Commenting on the sessions is one thing. Directly insulting the players is something I think we would all rather not see; I know that I’d certainly appreciate a rather more constructive approach to this sort of criticism, please.

I agree with BJB (gasp) 🙂 Lets keep the criticism constructive…

We actually play every other Sunday and record two session (one of each game) in that time… From a personal note, I don’t think the NB party ever really got it together. I think the personalities present in the party (not the players) made it difficult. Also the idea of level 1 drudgery may have soured them a little after the muddy streets of the Old World.

Suffice it to say the new game (soon to be released here when I get 5 minutes to record an intro) is going from strength to strength and while the players moaning that I am driving them hard and making them work – they seem to be enjoying it 😛

“What is the definition of a hero?” 🙂

Hal :hal:

Rum_151
    • Thri-kreen
    Hal wrote:

You bastard!! That should never see the light of day!!!!!!!!!! 😳

…like the old world….

Vaeron
    • Thri-kreen
    Rum_151 wrote:
    Hal wrote:

You bastard!! That should never see the light of day!!!!!!!!!! 😳

What?! That entire exchange was classic. But now we’re just going to aggravate the non-patrons.

Just a teaser, folks… Just a teaser.

Telemergion
    • Owlbear

We know something you don’t know! Neener neener neeeeener!

Keener
    • Drider
    Telemergion wrote:
    We know something you don’t know! Neener neener neeeeener!

However there are things we don’t know. 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 74 total)
  • The forum ‘Night Below’ is closed to new topics and replies.