Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter Night Below Night Below: Dragon Age style

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Balgin
    • Succubus

Well as some few of you may know, the Dragon Age character creator has been made available for us to play with. It’s close to the Oblivion facegen style but seriously dumbed down (I miss the options). Anyway, I made a few characters (a dozen or so) and, whilst listenning to a Night Below session I got bored and decided to start doing party portraits.

Helga Oakenshield

This is my take on Helga (there weren’t enough plaited hair options). I did quite a good Jamroar as well but then remembered he was an elf (and I’d done him as a human/half elf, so he’ll need redoing).

Helga1.jpg

But she’s not just a pretty face. She’s obviously been to the Patrick Moore school of acting since she can raise one eyebrow!

Helga2.jpg

I like this one. It looks like she’s trying to look innocent after having done something mischievous (or daydreaming, I can’t quite decide).

Helga3.jpg

Here she is saying something. She looks a bit disappointed with someone (perahps the same person’s asking for healing again).

Helga4.jpg

This one looks alert, like she’s just noticed something, although there seems to be a slight sense of trepidation as if she’s not comfortable with her discovery.

Helga5.jpg

And this one’s my personal favourite. It loks like she’s admonishing someone for some foul misdemeanour. “Oooh no you didn’t just…” It would be rgeat if this one could be used for a caption competition but we’d need to ask Lindsay to judge it.

Helga6.jpg

Balgin
    • Succubus

Oh, and Helga says “always look left and right before crossing the road.”

Helgaleftright.jpg

I’ll get a “Jamroar the human who is in no way related to Ellion Forgedawn” screenshot up in a bit too.

Here we go: Jamroar! Now I need to go and make an elven version.

Jamroar.jpg

Balgin
    • Succubus

Leoven the Wizard

I was aiming for a slightly country bumpkin kind of look. I also had a good shot at trying to convey his general enthusiasm for everything in general.

So here’s a moderately neutral expression.

Leoven1.jpg

He likes to voice his opinion innocently (or is that ignorantly? :P)

Leoven2.jpg

Sometimes he can he serious and observant.

Leoven3.jpg

However, from certain angles he bears a disturbing resemblance to Clint Eastwood. I could’ve removed his beard and given him full, rough, heavy stuuble to improve the resemblance but it was unintentional (and it might not even be that strong – judge for yourselves).

LeoClint1.jpg

LeoClint2.jpg

And this one looks like he’s hailing the barman from his seat, whilst clearly having had a few too many already.

Leodrunk.jpg

Daniel
    • Succubus

I like second picture of Leoven the best. 😀

slightly_nauseous
    • Commoner
    Balgin wrote:
    She’s obviously been to the Patrick Moore school of acting since she can raise one eyebrow!

Patrick?

Patrick?

Patrick?

Roger, shurely.

Balgin
    • Succubus
    slightly_nauseous wrote:
    Balgin wrote:
    She’s obviously been to the Patrick Moore school of acting since she can raise one eyebrow!

Patrick?

Patrick?

Patrick?

Roger, shurely.

Surely, but maybe she learned to play the xylophone as well.

Anyway, I originaly wanted to do these in order of appearance (which would’ve been Helga, Grumbal, Ellion, Gnosh, Tannien & then Leoven). They’re all finished but I’m still not quite happy with Ellion & Gnosh yet. Gnosh seems to have developed an inability to close his mouth.

So here we go, Tannien Mallingolaer

*Hopefuly Chris can correct me on the spelling of his surname*

Tannien, somewhat moody and perturbed by the world in general. I might remove the goatee but it seems to suit him (and he doesn’t look quite so downcast without it).

Tannien1.jpg

Quibbling over something.

Tannien2.jpg

Still quibbling but feeling self righteous because he’s right.

Tannien3.jpg

Serious, but slightly less downcast.

Tannien4.jpg

Threat assessment.

Tannien5.jpg

Complaining that he didn’t get to kill any goblins or go to fight the orcs yet.

Tannien6.jpg

“I told you! I knew it.” Cheery at last :).

Tannien7.jpg

Rum_151
    • Thri-kreen
    Balgin wrote:

“I told you! I knew it.” Cheery at last :).

Tannien7.jpg

Vindicated in the end.. 😆

Balgin
    • Succubus

Gnosh Gnimblefingers

Gnosh here seems to have problems keeping his mouth shut. Seriously, it’s always open. This does lend him a bit of a village idiot look but perhaps behind that dim facade lurks a criminal genius. You never know.

He also doesn’t seem to have avery expressive face (maybe it’s the nose – I could’ve made it larger) so a lot of his pictures feel a bit samey.

Gnosh1.jpg

Slightly happier.

Gnosh2.jpg

Finaly with his mouth shut.

Gnosh3.jpg

Looking a bit on edge (and there’s a hint of teeth again).

Gnosh4.jpg

Serious/worried.

Gnosh5.jpg

“Get me a drink, and get two for Toothless Ted over here!”

Gnosh6.jpg

Balgin
    • Succubus

New session, new character.

Grumbal Hillgorn

Actualy the others are all done but I’m not happy with Ellion Forgedawn yet so he needs some tweaking. Anyway, Grumbal:

Grumbal1.jpg

And here he is gloating (or sleepy, or just tipsy).

Grumbal2.jpg

And looking down in despair at the party’s antics.

Grumbal3.jpg

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Night Below’ is closed to new topics and replies.