Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter Night Below Night Below Character Creation

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Caelvan
    • Orc

That’s the one. Those two games are based on the 2nd edition rules. They don’t make games like that anymore …. *stares off into space with a wistful look on his face*

mkenaz
    • Flumph
    Caelvan wrote:
    That’s the one. Those two games are based on the 2nd edition rules. They don’t make games like that anymore …. *stares off into space with a wistful look on his face*

i know man, i still have a windows xp computer so i can play it

Cuchulain
    • Bullywug

I can’t tell you how nostalgic this session made me feel. AD&D was my intro to roleplaying – good times!

Tengu
    • Bullywug
    Cuchulain wrote:
    I can’t tell you how nostalgic this session made me feel. AD&D was my intro to roleplaying – good times!

I hear you.. my first character was a dark elf psionicist from skills and power…. wow.. 😯

Snappyapple
    • Orc

I’m glad to hear the Texans run Night Below, couldn’t convince a friend recently to run it as I learn AD&D again.

PrestoJeff
    • Thri-kreen

Looking forward to listening to this! Is anyone else curious how Splug would work in 2e?

Elizur
    • Commoner

Dungeons and Dragons!

Welcome back, ah good ole Dungeons and Dragons 2e.

I think I’ll go crack open those books again and have a look.

Very happy to see a dnd run.

🙂

mkenaz
    • Flumph

o man this is sooo nostalgic, i have gotta break my adnd books out half-orc swashbuckler here i come

Illianthar
    • Commoner

A return to 2e gaming, awesome! THAC0 was my favorite game mechanic of all time…mostly because there’s always someone that can’t seem to get the addition by subtraction down.

ShootHere
    • Bullywug

Oh my lord!

This is the very first adventure I played with a regular group so many years ago…

Thank you for sparking these warm and fuzzy memories in my brain.

wmandersonjr
    • Commoner

Great podcast. I’ve been listening to the podcast on the subway to work and it reminded me back when I played 2nd edition in the 90’s (I currently run Hackmaster so I am not that rusty with the rules). I had forgotten that the 2nd edition PHB never directly stated the second flavor of True Neutral, someone who was unaligned with either Good, Evil, Law, or Chaos, just simply self-centered or dedicated to something neutral to ethos or morality, like Magic. I would have suggested that alignment to the player who wanted to a self-centered mercenary type character.

Balgin
    • Succubus

Nah, self centered is definately chaotic neutral.

mad_hatchet
    • Flumph
    Balgin wrote:
    Nah, self centered is definately chaotic neutral.

I believe I just heard Chaotic Neutral referred to as the “axe murder’s alignment” by Hal 😯 .

I’m looking forward to hearing more ADnD, but it seems like they really improved on the alignment descriptions in 3.0 & 3.5. I for one enjoyed having some characters (mine or otherwise) start out as the “non-aligned” flavor of Neutral, and then just shifting alignments as the characters’ personalities got built up.

Balgin
    • Succubus
    mad_hatchet wrote:
    I’m looking forward to hearing more ADnD, but it seems like they really improved on the alignment descriptions in 3.0 & 3.5.

The 3rd ed alignment descriptions are a lot closer to the 1st ed ones than the 2nd ed ones were.

Ieqo
    • Owlbear

Alignment is one of those things that roleplayers eventually grow out of. Here we see one of the reasons why: Chris plays his character with a certain unique outlook on life and morality, and everyone on teh interwebs argues over which of the nine pidgeonholes it fits into. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 70 total)
  • The forum ‘Night Below’ is closed to new topics and replies.