Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    ThistledownJohn
    • Gelatinous Cube

Tonight we are playing our first game using the new FATE Core rules.  I expect this to be our next audio release.  It’s a fantasy setting that takes place in a massive, continent-spanning forest called Seladyne.  Here’s  a blurb that I sent to the players…

Seladyne Forest.  She has stood upon the world since its youngest days.  Her verdant canopy stretches from The Veiled Sea in the east to the Ocean of Titans in the west.  Her northern marches border The Iceplains and her southern reaches skirt The Desert of Doonmar.  Some say she gives life to the world, and without Seladyne, all would perish.

Through all these ages, the caretakers of the forest have been the Druids.  Their sacred groves dot the great tract of trees, but the greatest of them is Silverglade.  Here, from this forest city, the efforts of the Druids are shepherded.  When the balance of Seladyne is threatened, the Druids of Silverglade take notice and act.

So it is now.  Something stirs in the great wood.  Something black and cruel, that if left unchecked, could grow like a cancer in Seladyne’s heart.  The Druids of Silverglade are are seeking for the darkness that hides somewhere under the leaves of the mighty trees… 

😀 

LightPagoda
    • Gelatinous Cube

Sounds good.  My group has had some fun with the Dresden rules and I found it a cinch to run.  Havent tried the Core rules yet, but maybe one day.  Still havent cracked my PDF from the kickstarter.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Sounds good.

Fingers crossed that it’ll be captivating enough to keep your players riveted to the game, and not just fiddling with your model Tie Fighter. 😉

ThistledownJohn
    • Gelatinous Cube

Sounds good.

Fingers crossed that it’ll be captivating enough to keep your players riveted to the game, and not just fiddling with your model Tie Fighter. 😉

No worries…they are not allowed to touch my model TIE Fighter. 🙂

ThistledownJohn
    • Gelatinous Cube

Sounds good.  My group has had some fun with the Dresden rules and I found it a cinch to run.  Havent tried the Core rules yet, but maybe one day.  Still havent cracked my PDF from the kickstarter.

It’s excellent!  During our setting creation, I had a request for a centaur shaman character who was racial biased in the fact that no one does anything better than the centaurs.  I didn’t even blink before saying, “Yes”.  There are many other game systems that would have caused me to blink, and say “No, centaurs are not a player character race.”  So, we created centaurs and their shamanic magic system on the fly.  Great fun! 🙂

ThistledownJohn
    • Gelatinous Cube

We’ve been gone for awhile, but we’re coming back soon.  Here’s a subtle clue as to what we’re bringing…

DW%20logo_zpslupbbkqh.png

forgedchaos
    • Orc

Hmm… What ever can it be??  😮

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

martin.gif

ThistledownJohn
    • Gelatinous Cube

I am a master of subtlety.  😀

Cob37
    • Gelatinous Cube

I need to drive down at least once and sit in the audience for a live recording.  Bonne Terre is less than an hour away.  

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

I need to drive down at least once and sit in the audience for a live recording.  Bonne Terre is less than an hour away.

Even better, you could do a special Thistledown/World of Skell crossover episode. 🙂

What are the odds of two nearly-50-year-old gaming veterans from Missouri to end up recording RPG podcasts for the same communal website, anyway? 😉

ThistledownJohn
    • Gelatinous Cube

I know!  We’re definitely in the same neck of the woods.  😀

ThistledownJohn
    • Gelatinous Cube

Even better, you could do a special Thistledown/World of Skell crossover episode. 🙂

What are the odds of two nearly-50-year-old gaming veterans from Missouri to end up recording RPG podcasts for the same communal website, anyway? 😉

Who’d a thunk it?  😀

ThistledownJohn
    • Gelatinous Cube

Dungeon World…yeah, that didn’t go too well.

Maybe I should have posted this…

SWEotE_zpsw2jiinkg.png

😀

Lucky_Strike
    • Orc

Dungeon World…yeah, that didn’t go too well.

Maybe I should have posted this…

SWEotE_zpsw2jiinkg.png

😀

Most excellent. My group ran through the beginner box and they really enjoyed it. Hoping to play more soon.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.