Forums Archive Roleplaying Chatter D20 Needing a little advice…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Kevin
    • Orc

Okay, I reciently had a meeting with my D20 call of cthulhu group and they decided that they wanted to pool their money together to buy like a Mark VIII British Tank. Of course this fits because we are in a 1920’s campain and have some ties to the goverment and could actually buy it. So I was just wondering how I would do its stats.

I mean, the D20 CoC book really doesn’t cover this sort of thing. And we don’t exactly have the money to buy the CoC D20 GM’s kit yet, or a guide of CoC that would help us out at all. So I was just needing some help. As in suggestions for how much damage it should do and its hit points and such. Armor class and all that.

Thank you all who assist 🙂

Face
    • Gelatinous Cube

Not satisfied with “You shoot it with a tank; it dies twelve times”, eh? ^_^

I dunno tanks, I’m really just posting for the hell of it, but it seems a tank should have a pretty heavy to-hit penalty or whatever you folks call it in CoC. Seems like firing at a single live and moving person should be extremely difficult, unless said person is, y’know, special, and runs straight at the tank. Even if you miss, you can still run ’em down pretty good.

[edited to add info]

Wikipedia is GOD. Okay, it seems that if you were somehow to purchase a tank between 1918 and 1930 you would almost certainly be looking at an FT-17. It’s a little french number with a rotational turret and was by far the most common and successful tank in WW1. It could be had in either a machinegun or cannon model and was operated by a crew of two (from the looks of it, they were probably standing mostly nut-to-butt).

The Wikipedia FT-17 page

The Wikipedia History of Tanks page

Salubrai
    • Succubus

The great thing about old tanks is that no matter how old they are, you can wreak a lot of havoc on an unsuspecting populace before the police figure out how to take you down.

I mean… no, don’t do that.

Kevin
    • Orc

Haha, yeah. With the quest coming up for my group I have ready a tank would be nice. For just that reason, try to take down as many of the cult as they can before the cult gets the edge on them.

Wellard
    • Orc

Here is a link to info on the MkVIII

http://www.landships.freeservers.com/mk … l_info.htm

However you will note that the UK only produced 1 so it would be more likely that they would be able to get a MKV

http://www.landships.freeservers.com/Mk … round.html

Mind you even with government connections they would be lucky to get one.Heck my group knew the King and the P.M and couldn’t.

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

No tanks. Go armored cars. Unless you’re actually going to be driving over trenches everywhere, an armored car has as much fire power, is cheaper, and is a whole hell of a lot more maneuverable.

Of course, I’ve never, and likley will never do CoC, but in life, armored cars were better for almost everything.

oh yeah, and wikipedia is God. Preach the wikigospel brother! Praise be to the Wiki!

Kevin
    • Orc

Yeah, that is very true. For the Mark VIII only goes about six MPH, I did a bit of research before I actually asked for help. And yeah, there are trenches in the area where we are in europe. So I don’t think that a armoured car would do them much good. Well, unless they just want to crash and burn.

Salubrai
    • Succubus
    mchvlichldprdgy wrote:
    No tanks. Go armored cars. Unless you’re actually going to be driving over trenches everywhere, an armored car has as much fire power, is cheaper, and is a whole hell of a lot more maneuverable.

Of course, I’ve never, and likley will never do CoC, but in life, armored cars were better for almost everything.

oh yeah, and wikipedia is God. Preach the wikigospel brother! Praise be to the Wiki!

Unless we’re talking modern tanks, eh? Someone gas up the M1A2 Abrams. Mu ha ha ha ha…. globalsecurity.org is demigod!

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

Well considering the closest thing to an armored car these days is the pope-mobile, I’d agree woith the Abrams. I’d actually rather have fifty infantry with a few shoulder mounted anti-tank weapons, but thats just me.

Kevin
    • Orc

Anyways… What should I do for statistics here? I could always just say “shitload of hitpoints” but at least it would be nice to have a damage thing. I could just give it like the same damage as dinymite or something?

Salubrai
    • Succubus
    mchvlichldprdgy wrote:
    Well considering the closest thing to an armored car these days is the pope-mobile, I’d agree woith the Abrams. I’d actually rather have fifty infantry with a few shoulder mounted anti-tank weapons, but thats just me.

Oy, now you’re just bein’ greedy, mate.

The popemobile … yeah, a few roof mounted machineguns and side slung rocket launchers and…. uhhh…. hmmm, the Pope might not dig those additions……….. unless…..

Arnold for Pope!

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

That would be Scary. We already have a Nazi for Pope, and you want the Son of a Nazi?

Salubrai
    • Succubus

I’m not a catholic or frankly much of a fan of Arnold Schwarzenegger as an actor, but that’s uncalled for. Read the story of what happened to the guy, and don’t go calling people Nazis if you realise WHAT that REALLY means.

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

Oh, I know exactly what it means. I’ve got realtives who were Nazis, some foreced to be, some by choice. My last name is Facknitz, close to as german as it gets. Recent immigration and all.

He was a Nazi. WAS. Arnold’s dad was a Nazi Police Officer. Plain and simple. Those are Facts. However, there is a difference between Nazi then and Nazi now. I do not believe in any way shape or form that Ratzinger is a modern Nazi, especially considering modern Nazis want to kill catholics as much as jews.

So, I apologize if you thought I meant Ratzinger, Benedict XVI, IS a Nazi. What I meant was he WAS a Nazi.

Salubrai
    • Succubus

No, Ratzinger was a German citizen in the seminary, forced to become a Hitler Youth member not by choice because EVERY young person was forced to become such. As soon as he could get out, he did, and went back to the seminary. This is not just his account. I don’t particularly care one way or another for the pope, but really? You just don’t go calling someone a purposeful member of a mass murderering group. People use the word nazi too freely these days. It’s shocking when you think how cheaply we throw around such a word.

As far as Arnold’s dad, sure… I’ll buy that. But guilt by association doesn’t jive with me. He’s a bad actor, sure… but that’s his only crime in my estimation.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • The forum ‘D20’ is closed to new topics and replies.