Forums News and Information Announcements Needed: New Backup Drive

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Hey folks,

I have just been informed by the site host that the site backup drive is full – this means we are currently unable to keep regular consistent backups of the site in case of disaster. It also means I need to upgrade the drive to a larger one.

With hosting such large files it means the drives fill quite quickly and we have had to upgrade in the past. 

While the Patron subscriptions pay for the ongoing site costs it was always the Donations Box monies that were used for things like this and as you can see by looking over there – it has been pretty static for quite some time now.

I tend to like to purchase upgrades to the server outright rather than incurring ongoing rental costs (as they can result in the drives costing really stupid money over an extended period and it also keeps the costs down so we can cover it with Patron subs).

So – I am asking if you would like to help purchase a new backup drive for the site, consider dropping a donation into the Donation Box on the right or becoming a Patron.

Thanks folks…

Hal :hal:

MelkiorWhiteblade
    • Owlbear

Hello Mr. Hal,

I am new site challenged but I saw your post on facebook and here and I don’t see the ‘donations box’ to the right, so if you could put a post here or describe where I can find it, I’d be happy to make a donation.

Cheers!

MelkiorWhiteblade
    • Owlbear
    Lockhart
    • Owlbear

You have indeed found it. When Hal says “To the right” He means in relation to the Forum Home Page

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Correct – my bad explanation…

I should have included a link like you did 🙂

You guys rock by the way – just saying 😀

Hal :hal:

Thing
    Admin
    • Drider

I’m in for a bit of donation.  This kind of problem is from the vast supply of audio we have, and so its kind of a good problem to have.  I look forward to filling the next drive!

kendoyle659
    • Thri-kreen

Been away for a few days so donated now. Sorry I couldn’t afford more

Thing
    Admin
    • Drider

thanks,Every bit helps

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Announcements’ is closed to new topics and replies.