Forums Archive Non RPG Chatter Miniature Painting My First Minis

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nicholas
    • Thri-kreen

I never thought that I would be a mini painter. In fact, I decried war games that had mini crafting as an obstacle to enter. In general I am not good with my hands, particularly on delicate work. But a few months back Georgiana was bitten by the painting bug and finally got me to try it and I thought I would share the results with you guys.

My First Mini Ever

5414614075_750a80889f.jpg

5415224594_29e122b206.jpg

To keep myself engaged in the painting process I have to tie it into a narrative. This mouseling’s red cloak marks him as a combat veteran. The novice guardsman wear white cloaks, but when after they draw their first blood in a battle it is symbolically dyed red. His green acorn shield means that he has been sent away from the nest on a special mission. Metal being scarce to the mouselings, this warrior wields a blade made of flint.

A Few Weeks Later – A Second Mini!

5414614157_7b794601e0.jpg

5415224492_fc089475f0.jpg

Despite his gruesome appearance, this mimic is actually rather docile for its kind. It has been adopted by a changeling wizard who feels an odd kinship with the creature. The wizard has named the mimic “Plank” and feeds him a steady diet of fish with occasional treats of hot pepper or rabbit meat.

nittanyjohn
    • Orc

Good job! And welcome to the dark side. 🙂

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer
    Nicholas wrote:
    Despite his gruesome appearance, this mimic is actually rather docile for its kind. It has been adopted by a changeling wizard who feels an odd kinship with the creature. The wizard has named the mimic “Plank” and feeds him a steady diet of fish with occasional treats of hot pepper or rabbit meat.

So long as no-one ever thinks to glue legs onto the bottom of it – or, indeed, open a portal to a trans-dimensional space within its cavernous maw. 😉

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Miniature Painting’ is closed to new topics and replies.