Forums RPGMP3 Podcast Audio Actual Play Recordings Pants Campers Savage Worlds Murder at Sturmhalt Session 02

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Daniel
    • Succubus

File Name: Murder at Sturmhalt Session 02

File Submitter: Daniel

File Submitted: 25 Oct 2013

File Category: Savage Worlds

Genre: Fantasy
    Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

MurderatSturmhalt_02_zps99cde513.jpg

When the murderer strikes again questions begin to be asked, but will the answers be delivered at a sword’s point?

When the head of their order is found dead under suspicious circumstances, a disgraced Knight and his Squire soon find themselves in the middle of a medieval murder investigation. Joined by a serving girl, with a dark secret, together they must face Assassins, Traitors, Ghosts and Darkest Magic to find justice in a world that despises them.

STARRING
    Alexander as, The Disgraced Knight, Herr Gareth Ranthos
    Daniel as, The Storyteller
    Jess as, The Servant, Rosanna
    Regan as, The Squire, Elyas Wannerholt

Click here to download this file

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Lord Albax Hackbladder: “For we are noble knights, not mere servants of the Theocracy.”
    Herr Black: “Yes, we are?”
    Hackbladder: “No, we are not.”
    Herr Black: “Yes, we are!”
    Hackbladder: “No, we are not! Look, we were not founded by the Theocracy.”
    Herr Black: “I didn’t know that. Are you sure that’s in any of the history books?”
    Hackbladder: “It isn’t, because I’m pulling it out of my arse!”
    Danny OOC: “No, you’re not! Check the lore document, you’re scarily correct.”

(Lore document, you say?)

*Totally doesn’t start hacking Danny’s computer*

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

NPC: “He hung the villagers from a tree and sold the men into slavery.”

Y’know, if they had been hanged from a tree, and then the bodies were sold into slavery? Worst. Marketing strategy. EVER.

But if they were simply hung in a tree, it must’ve been kinda like putting your wares on display. Totally makes sense.

Daniel
    • Succubus

Y’know, if they had been hanged from a tree, and then the bodies were sold into slavery? Worst. Marketing strategy. EVER.

I….err…quite.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Danny: “The knight’s can’t believe that another person has been murdered already.”
    Alex: “I can’t believe it’s not butter!”

Whoa! It’s like clairvoyant precognition psychic type stuff. Who predicted that line would come up? *Raises paw* Woop woop!

Alex: “Heavy Rain is shit.”
    Regan: “But the plot twist is very surprising, right?”
    Alex: “It’s shit, is what it is.”
    Danny: “We’re playing CSI: Tropis, not Heavy Rain.”

(Aaah! It happened again!)

Jess: “Although there is a lot of heavy rain in Tropis, sometimes.” 😉
    Danny: “Does that mean we have to make a new song? The Rains of Sturmhalt?”

Bonus points if you can guess what song ‘The Rains of Sturmhalt’ is stolen from based on. (PS: You’ll never guess it, coz it’s too difficult! Ha ha ha.)

And who are you, the proud lord said

that I must bow so low?

Only a knight of a different coat

that’s all the truth I know

In a coat of gold or a coat of red

a knight still has a butt

And mine is long and plump, my lord

as long as both your nuts

And so he spoke, and so he spoke

that lord of Sturmhalt Keep

But now the rains piss on his hall

with prop’ty tax so steep

Yes now the rains pee on his hall

and prop’ty tax so steep

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Suggestion: If your players’ try to communicate with Morse code by wagging their eye brows, you should require them to have taken a special feat or talent for it – e.g. “Roger Moore”, or “Groucho Marx”.

Daniel
    • Succubus

The amusing thing about your predictions is, as the recordings are actually done weeks in advance (a few months in this case) there were proper-legit predictions 😀

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Regan: “You know what we should totally do? Is there an assassin’s thing we can join? Like in Assassin’s Creed?” 🙂
    Albax: “No, there is no.. We are a holy order! Of knights! We are holy! *Slams desk* And knights! *SLAM* This is s’posed to be KNIGHTLY! *SLAM* *Walks off* Fffuck!!”
    Regan: “But nothing is true, everything is permitted?”
    Albax: *From afar* “NO!”

So your little brother is a nihilistic mercenary, huh Danny?

Please recommend to him that he should read the Gipsy comic books by Smolderen and Marini, they’re tons of fun and there’s a recurring group of villains called the White Wing – nihilistic mercenary assassins FTW (no relation to the show West Wing, by the way).

There’s a very memorable scene where a (hot, female) White Wing assassin seduces the main character, a gipsy called Gipsy, and tries to kill him in a very… unusual fashion. (Let’s just say that if the French people call an orgasm ‘The Little Death’, this must’ve been a Venti or a Grande.) 😉

2319771-marini_gipsy.jpg

Caution: Boobs in this comic may be larger than they appear.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

The amusing thing about your predictions is, as the recordings are actually done weeks in advance (a few months in this case) there were proper-legit predictions 😀

Yes, predicting that a bunch of people playing a murder mystery type game would make a CSI joke – that takes serious brain power, that does. 🙂

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

If Kurt Aust’s novels ever get translated into English, you should try reading Day of Wrath. It’s a historical murder mystery, much in the vein of The Name of the Rose.

The main character is a clever Norwegian farmer’s son, who is taken into the tutelage of a medical doctor called Thomas of Boueberge. The two of them have a very clear Watson-and-Holmes dynamic going on, where Thomas tries to use the latest scientific methods of ‘logic’ and ‘deduction’ to solve a murder.

There are several amusing incidents (and even more dramatic ones) where the clash between bucolic superstition and modern reason is brought to the fore; for example, there’s a scene where a humble country yokel barges in during an autopsy, and sees the corpse lying on a carpenter’s bench with its chest cavity wrenched open, Thomas calmly scratching himself with one of the corpse’s ribs.

Yokel: “…” *Runs*

Daniel
    • Succubus

That does sound like something I’d enjoy reading. If you notice it getting translated chuck me a PM. As for the comic series I’ll look into it for Regan. He isn’t big into reading, but maybe he’d enjoy it for christmas or something *considers*

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

That does sound like something I’d enjoy reading. If you notice it getting translated chuck me a PM.

Alternatively, you could seize this opportunity to learn Czech, Dutch, Russian, German or Greek. 😉

Regan: “You know what we should totally do? Is there an assassin’s thing we can join? Like in Assassin’s Creed?” 🙂
    Albax: “No, there is no.. We are a holy order! Of knights! We are holy! *Slams desk* And knights! *SLAM* This is s’posed to be KNIGHTLY! *SLAM* *Walks off* Fffuck!!”
    Regan: “But nothing is true, everything is permitted?”
    Albax: *From afar* “NO!”

As for the comic series I’ll look into it for Regan. He isn’t big into reading, but maybe he’d enjoy it for christmas or something *considers*

Regan probably just wants to shoot a mofo in the throat with his bow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12PWq22E9CQ

“Click the subscribe button to get an imaginary tomahawk! And if you don’t subscribe, you’ll just have to imagine something else.”

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Jess: “I suddenly go very pale, even by my usually pale standard.”
    Regan: “Can I do a notice check to find out if she looks guilty?”
    Danny: “No.”
    Regan: “…Did she do it?”
    Danny: “…Yes.”
    Jess: Jack-Nicholson-lol-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Danny: “The cook insists that you ensure the lord commander eats all his food.”

Jess: “Hmm… Do I notice anything odd about him?”

Alex: “The paranoia’s setting in!”

Jess: “But this is Tropis, everyone really are out to get you.” 🙁

Danny: “Ah, good ol’ Tropis.”

Alex: “That’s why paranoia is not available as a hindrance.”

Regan: “It’s not a hindrance, it’s an edge.”

Danny: “I’ve so got to do that! The ‘Healthy Paranoia‘ edge.”

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.