Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter The Files Mr Fuzzybottom Gets Festive (2008 Xmas Special)

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

We are using a binaural head – the mics depend on the recorder but they are essentally the same. The head was a cheap Halloween head that happened to have good ears 🙂

I will write up some specs and post it to a site FAQ in the next week or so if folks are interested 🙂

The dryer was a room and a bit away from the recorder 😛

Hal :hal:

Keener
    • Drider
    Hal wrote:
    There were indeed some funny moments. I think if it was played seriously it could be a pretty decent spy / espionage game with lots of stress and stuff coming at the end. Very Mission: Impossible 😀

What do people think of it?

It was great Hal and it was nice to have an appearance by everyone’s least favorite Santa. 😀

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

By the time the chaos had passed I just couldn’t resist when Goggles called him 😛

Keener
    • Drider
    Hal wrote:
    By the time the chaos had passed I just couldn’t resist when Goggles called him 😛

You really need to run a one off of My Life with Master with the Texans. 😀

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Yeah – I think you might be right 😛 Though I think Chris might explode if I do Santa for 3 solid hours 😉

Rum_151
    • Thri-kreen
    Hal wrote:
    Yeah – I think you might be right 😛 Though I think Chris might explode if I do Santa for 3 solid hours 😉

Yea I’m going to have to download the others and see what yall are talking about.

thad
    • Thri-kreen

I tell ya, hearing ‘Santa’ again while at work was… tricky to try to disguise my laugher from my coworkers. 😆

Boonide
    • Thri-kreen

It seems like it was only last year when I downloaded the last Christmas special.

Oh how time flies.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Everyone?

EEEEEEVEEEEEERYYYYOOOOONE

Merlin
    • Bullywug

I’m glad I’m not the only one who thnks that Walmart is the (bright yellow & happy 🙂 ) modern face of evil.

Ieqo
    • Owlbear

And just as I was comfortable with the idea that nothing could surpass the disturbing hilarity of Ross’s Elf-Gruppenfuhrer, I get to hear David say, “And if all else fails we drop…The Present.”

Brilliant as always, guys.

Haxxx
    • Flumph

I am going to run Classroom Deathmatch and Wilderness of Mirrors in about.. 4 months. Can you please give me some advice. ❓

Loved all Christmas special and I to was looked at strangely when I started laughing. 😆

And another thing, douse A Marvelous Christmas’ system ever got published or posted somewhere because it was brilliant and I really like to try and run it.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Sure can – Classroom Deathmatch is all about setting up situations and essentially book keeping the deaths and letting the players have fun with things. It could be played very seriously and very gritty if you liked. The thing to do is to get the players happy with the narrative control the game gives them. If they have played stuff like that before then you will be good. If not I would recommend a short one off before you really get your teeth into it 🙂

It is the same deal with Wilderness of Mirrors. Players expect to be told everything an when they have total narrative control over what is happening they can get a little nervous 🙂 Poor things 🙂

Let us know if you have any specific questions. I am happy to answer them. I love the indie stuff and I know there area good few folks round here who also share that view 😀

philbass
    • Orc

Thanks for another fun Christmas special, keeping me amused into a bed-bound New Year (on top of Australia being beat in the cricket. Ha! Ha!).

Allen Dulles called and he wants you all back to plan the CIA’s Bay of Pigs invasion of Cuba. Sheesh…could you have made it more complicated?

I did like Ned’s Slinky, and I thought that David played the team leader excellently – in particular the sound effects of dropping the ‘Present’ was very funny.

I do however think that everyone should make a New Year resolution to be nice to Goggles and his characters – despite any real or suspected betrayals.

All-in-all another good Christmas episode and nice to hear indie gaming (hint! hint! more indie gaming requested from Hal’s group). A ‘serious’ version of the game might be cool.

Happy New Year and Best Wishes for 2009.

PhilBass

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • The forum ‘The Files’ is closed to new topics and replies.