Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter The Files Mr Fuzzybottom Gets Festive (2008 Xmas Special)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Well its that time of year again and we have a lovely treat for you all with the 2008 Christmas Special. This year we went for a system suggested by BigJackBrass (so you can blame him for everything 😛 ). It is Wilderness of Mirrors by John Wick and crew. You can pick up a copy on PDF for a very modest amount from Indie Press Revolution.

Anyway, its a spy story involving Santa’s Secret Spys trying to reclaim the naughty list from a bunch of motivated bidders at a auction held in central Russia in a old missile silo.

The best thing about this game from the GMs point of view is that the players pretty much design the story and the plot and the antagonists and everything and you just come along and throw spanners into things 😀

Mr Fuzzybottom Gets Festive

Filesize: 118MB

Some great bits of gaming even if it gets a little frantic towards the end. Lots of note passing but most of that gets dealt with later on. If there is confusion about the notes I will transcribe them on here in a couple of days when everyone has had a chance to listen 🙂

So really good characters in this one. Love it 😛

Community Podcast Updated!

Hal :hal:

fictionalfemme
    • Orc

Whoot! Downloading now. xmas-smiley-004.gif Thanks, Hal!

*starts singing ‘It’s the Most Wonderful Time of The Year’*

BigJackBrass
    • Drider
    Hal wrote:
    This year we went for a system suggested by BigJackBrass (so you can blame him for everything 😛 ).

You absolute rotter 👿

Keener
    • Drider

Thank you Hal and also thank you BJB. 😀

Ieqo
    • Owlbear

Thank you, all.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Always a pleasure 🙂

Make sure you check out the other Christmas Specials if you haven’t already 🙂

Christmas Deathmatch

Maul Santa

Santa’s Soldiers Part 1

Santa’s Soldiers Part 2

A Marvellous Christmas

My Life With Santa Part 1

My Life With Santa Part 2

Enjoy 🙂

BigJackBrass
    • Drider
    Keener
    • Drider
    BigJackBrass wrote:

Oh god its “My Life With Santa.” 😀

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

That is some pretty nasty stuff there mate 🙂

Nothing like a old hirsute fat man booty dancing to make you feel all festive 😛

Thing
    Admin
    • Drider
    Isis
    • Succubus

😯 Why did I click on a Thing link?!

And Big Jack’s picture of Santa was way too disturbing. 😀

BigJackBrass
    • Drider
    Isis wrote:
    😯 Why did I click on a Thing link?!

And Big Jack’s picture of Santa was way too disturbing. 😀

Don’t blame me, my sister sent it! Mind you, I was thinking exactly the same about Thing’s link 😯 It’s not as if he was unclear with the link title or anything…

A brief clarification for anyone puzzling over early references in this game. 3-2-1 was indeed a British gameshow hosted by Ted Rogers and, uh, a dustbin. On the other hand 5-4-3-2-1 was a song by pop group Manfred Mann. An altered cover of it was indeed used to promote a fairly poor chocolate biscuit named 54321. And for the ultimate in crossover confusion, here’s Ted briefly appearing in the advert for the biscuit.

Just finished listening to the game and thoroughly enjoyed it. A bit manic at the end, yes, but enough comedy gold to buy Trump Tower. Or should that be Fart Tower?

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

There were indeed some funny moments. I think if it was played seriously it could be a pretty decent spy / espionage game with lots of stress and stuff coming at the end. Very Mission: Impossible 😀

What do people think of it?

mikegodat
    • Commoner

As in the question of who the shadow was….

It was Lamont Cranston. Merry Christmas to all, and a Slinky dog too.

mikegodat
    • Commoner

Hal and gang,

I have a qustion for you. Your audio is so much improved since WLD, I thought that I could almost hear a dryer running in the background of this game. What equiptment are you using now?? It has such great pickup.

Cheers.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • The forum ‘The Files’ is closed to new topics and replies.