Forums Non-Gaming Chat Fun Stuff Mornington Crescent: The Return

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Nick T. Vegan
    • Flumph

“Quarantined by the National Health Service unable to move until cure is found” This game is bullshit.

JamieMcCrimmon
    • Flumph

Hal, can we use the optional “Passport to Pimlico” rules? This would allow Nick T to get round the quarantine by moving to Pimlico, after which he can (mostly) move normally again.

I think this puts him at risk of being arrested if he roles a 6 on 1d6 after leaving Pimlico, but after that the chance of being arrested is only 1/20 per move, and he can escape anyway by using whichever tube station is closest to the Ecuadorean embassy. (Problem is, I don’t know which station that is!)

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Crlmm’tfg nrrluh zquazz b’btrl

Litrlff’b rlr YOGGE-SOTHOTHE n’bnm

K’kt xllrt fqrt’t

Ïa frtaghn, YOGGE-SOTHOTHE

Mlrtt klfajllk’rieot tmtntn’sm zbxbnvv’vz

YOGGE-SOTHOTHE!

YOGGE-SOTHOTHE!

YOGGE-SOTHOTHE!

Hello, Camden Town

JamieMcCrimmon
    • Flumph

Crlmm’tfg nrrluh zquazz b’btrl
    Litrlff’b rlr YOGGE-SOTHOTHE n’bnm

K’kt xllrt fqrt’t

Ïa frtaghn, YOGGE-SOTHOTHE

Mlrtt klfajllk’rieot tmtntn’sm zbxbnvv’vz

YOGGE-SOTHOTHE!

YOGGE-SOTHOTHE!

YOGGE-SOTHOTHE!

Ah, the old Busby Manoeuvre! I remember it well. And this affords me an unexpected opportunity – jumping into the tear thus ripped in the fabric between dimensions, I emerge in a much better position at… Watford. Since Pencil Monkey started at Watford Junction, that puts me in Squeeze for the next two turns or until someone moves to Watford High Street.

Things are looking up for me now!

Slartibartfast
    • Gelatinous Cube

Hi all! I’m glad to see you’ve blown the dust off the old board – what larks 🙂

Don’t forget that while Saturn is ascendant and the moon is a waxing crescent all players must comply with the ’88 Seattle protocol for the full duration of the game.

I hope that is perfectly clear to you all.

JamieMcCrimmon
    • Flumph

Don’t you worry Slarty, I was part of an elite Seattling crew back in the day! And you better believe that day was ’88 as well, except when it was ’86. I’ve got this all figured out, these upstart Bostonians better learn to crescent – HAH!

… I’ve completely forgotten what the point was in writing all that.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Some good plays here while I have quietly been sneaking around the Underground.

Using the Special 1954 Agricultural Rules and Regulations for Lying Fallow, I claim a triple hop around the board to visit another three of the stations from the Sports Compendium. Tottenham Hale, Arsenal and finishing at Wembley Park a little closer to the goal.

As I have now visited 4 Sports Compendium approved stations I am going to call Jolly Hockey Sticks and bring into play the Roving Mobs of Schoolgirls from the 1934 St. Trinian’s Bumper Addendum.

Good luck avoiding those little monsters when you get closer to central London.

Cheers
    Hal

JamieMcCrimmon
    • Flumph

Some good plays here while I have quietly been sneaking around the Underground.

Using the Special 1954 Agricultural Rules and Regulations for Lying Fallow, I claim a triple hop around the board to visit another three of the stations from the Sports Compendium. Tottenham Hale, Arsenal and finishing at Wembley Park a little closer to the goal.

I have now visited 4 Sports Compendium approved stations

Very nifty! This man is on TOP FORM!

For my own part, Dalston Kingsland/Dalston Junction. I will also flip another token to amber so that I can take a long option on Highbury & Islington without actually moving there yet.

(BTW, Hal, thanks for sorting out that issue I messaged you about. I tried to send a thankyou message but the page wouldn’t load correctly. Probably a browser addon conflict and not a site bug, though.)

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.