Forums Archive Roleplaying Chatter General RPG Stuff More RPG Podcasts Coming

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear

I haven’t done a tally recently in the explosion of gaming podcasts, but here’s the lastest advertised:

http://www.rpgradio.net

Salubrai
    • Succubus

Too bad (for listeners – not for you), that RPGMP3 is the only really GOOD one. Hehehe.

Ffaern
    • Orc

It’s a weird thing but there is something about the RPGMP3’ers that keep you coming back:- Paul making my speakers jump up and down; Lyndsey starting all chirpy and enthusiastic but gradually retreating to tired and grumpy; Finn’s sudden frank examinations of the the English language and Steve’s terrifying knowledge of the rules.

You just have to feel a bit sorry for the poor bastards, stuck in a dungeon with a relentlessly cheerful DM, without even a slope, let alone stairs.

P.S. I won’t even begin to describe what happens when Balazzar turns it up when I’m listening on headphones.

“I ‘erd that… pardon?”

Salubrai
    • Succubus

Yes! I desperately would love to enjoy other RPGcasts as much as I like RPGMP3, but it’s clear this group are massively GOOD at it. It’s amazing they are just an amateur group of folks that got together and not professional entertainers. While I’m sure from crosstalk that a lot of the sessions are ‘edited’ for entertainment purposes, it doesn’t really matter.

Again, I wish it were as easy to listen to others as RPGMP3, because it would give me endless listening material. 😛 Not saying the others aren’t good. But we’ve really lucked out with the gold standard here.

Ok, buttkissing mode off. ➡

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear
    Shathis wrote:
    While I’m sure from crosstalk that a lot of the sessions are ‘edited’ for entertainment purposes

Yes, sadly. I will soon become a patron in hopes of hearing everything. I just need to get people to pay me back, and I’ll have money again.

Salubrai
    • Succubus

when I say crosstalk, I mean – overlapping talk. You’ll notice that RPGMP3 tends to be free of a few things, namely, people talking over each other, and commentary on controversial topics. While they make funny cracks now and again, it’s clear people are going out of their way not to TRULY offend people (Except the French, maybe).

Now, I could be totally wrong, but I think they decided somewhere on the road to this to minimise talking over each other, and to not talk about real-life controversies that might offend some listeners. I’m just GUESSING these were ground rules to get a bigger audience, but I could be wrong. Again.

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

CENSORSHIP!!!

Thats ok. Just so long as Balazaar can still nuke innocent lizardmen and only drop to chaotic neutral, Society is all good.

riddles
    • Succubus

I think the primary reason they’re a good group is that they’ve been playing for a long time and have recorded a fair bit of what they’ve done in the past.

As far as crosstalk is concerned, it’s something I actively discourage when I GM, primarily because I’m a bear of very little brain and am easily confused.. 😳

Salubrai
    • Succubus

Nobody knows they’re neutral if only Balazaar speaks their language.

Lizardman: (in his language) Hello! I come in peace!

Balazaar: (In Common) He insulted Mystra, Tharus!

PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear

You are all too, too kind!

For those interested, the first Yog Radio Podcast is up over at Yog-Sothoth.com:

Yog Radio #1 Now Online!

BTW, this podcast contains a MAJOR SPOILER for WLD, so if you don’t want to know, don’t listen!

Paul

Salubrai
    • Succubus

That’s like fuel to our fire, Paul! Spoiler, RPGMP3? We’re there.

riddles
    • Succubus
    PaulofCthulhu wrote:
    You are all too, too kind!

For those interested, the first Yog Radio Podcast is up over at Yog-Sothoth.com:

Yog Radio #1 Now Online!

BTW, this podcast contains a MAJOR SPOILER for WLD, so if you don’t want to know, don’t listen!

Paul

Just listening now. I think I’ve found the spoiler 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮

Paul, post the files NOWWWWWWWW!!!!

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

BAD spoiler!

EegahInc
    • Gelatinous Cube

Lapsed into a bad Kirk impression trying to resist listening to the spoiler for Episode 26, but of course, I caved in.

I think I can safely say

GIVE US EPISODE 26 NOW!!!!!!!!

please.

OK, get Hal out of hurricane territory first, then

GIVE US EPISODE 26!!!!!

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

Yes Hal, please, I can’t resist yog much longer. arrrg! Willpower failing. BAD spoiler!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • The forum ‘General RPG Stuff’ is closed to new topics and replies.