Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter The Files mirroring rpgmp3 mp3 on a LAN/WAN/MAN?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #554632
    tom_a_sparks
    • Posts : 9
    • Commoner

    Can I mirror rpgmp3 audio/podcast on a LAN/WAN/MAN?

    Can I stream it across our network on a netradio station?

    #603027
    5monkeys
    • Posts : 419
    • Thri-kreen

    For both this and the bit-torrent question I suggest you PM Hal directly.

    #603028
    tom_a_sparks
    • Posts : 9
    • Commoner

    I have PM Hal about this on the Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:20 am

    awaiting reply…..

    #603029
    PaulofCthulhu
    • Posts : 1340
    • Owlbear

    If it’s of interest you can do this, and bit-torrent, the YSDC Call of Cthulhu games if you wish.

    #603030
    Hal
    Admin
    • Posts : 7755
    • Treant

    Hey there,

    I am sorry I never got back to you but I was preparing for a hurricane and then I kind of forgot. 🙂

    We did experiment with bit torrent around here a good while back and we found that due to the fact that hardly anyone took advantage of it (mostly because it required extra software to be downloaded) we did not end up with enough seeds to make it worthwhile.

    What kind of mirroring were you looking at doing? Did you just want to mirror the audio somewhere else? What purpose would this serve? Where would you be broadcasting the audios and who would be the likely listeners?

    Cheers

    Hal :hal:

    #603031
    tom_a_sparks
    • Posts : 9
    • Commoner
    Hal wrote:
    Hey there,

    I am sorry I never got back to you but I was preparing for a hurricane and then I kind of forgot. 🙂

    thats ok you had more pressing local matters

    Hal wrote:

    We did experiment with bit torrent around here a good while back and we found that due to the fact that hardly anyone took advantage of it (mostly because it required extra software to be downloaded) we did not end up with enough seeds to make it worthwhile.

    have you looked at web seeding the bittorrent swam?

    Hal wrote:

    What kind of mirroring were you looking at doing? Did you just want to mirror the audio somewhere else? What purpose would this serve? Where would you be broadcasting the audios and who would be the likely listeners?

    I am looking at set up a community wireless network

    a group of people have asked to have a 2 hour block on the network’s community radio for role playing

    Hal wrote:

    Cheers

    Hal :hal:

    #603032
    swj719
    • Posts : 2534
    • Succubus
    tom_a_sparks wrote:

    I am looking at set up a community wireless network

    a group of people have asked to have a 2 hour block on the network’s community radio for role playing

    Aside from the “explicit language” tags your would need (hi Fin), I kinda like this idea, personally…

    I’d love more info, as internet radio is an interest of mine…

    #603033
    Hal
    Admin
    • Posts : 7755
    • Treant

    Internet radio would be very interesting 🙂 A nice branch out.

    Where exactly would this be broadcasting?

    Hal :hal:

    #603034
    tom_a_sparks
    • Posts : 9
    • Commoner

    Warwick and/or Stanthorpe

    see map

    http://www.southerndowns.qld.gov.au/sdr … &Itemid=31

    its not internet radio as in accessible on the internet, but it well be using the same software that internet radio use eg: icecast

    #603035
    Hal
    Admin
    • Posts : 7755
    • Treant

    Cool 🙂 Australia 😀

    Which of the games would you be looking to broadcast? Would it be accessible to the public or is it a private network? Seems like it would be OK from this end. I am not too keen on the files being mirrored for download and stuff (as I like people to actually visit the site) but I am happy for them to be broadcast – if that makes sense 😀

    Hal :hal:

    #603036
    tom_a_sparks
    • Posts : 9
    • Commoner
    Hal wrote:
    Cool 🙂 Australia 😀

    Which of the games would you be looking to broadcast?

    I have not really thought about it

    WLD is must have

    Hal wrote:
    Would it be accessible to the public or is it a private network?

    the network is public based

    Hal wrote:
    Seems like it would be OK from this end. I am not too keen on the files being mirrored for download and stuff (as I like people to actually visit the site) but I am happy for them to be broadcast – if that makes sense 😀

    I understand,

    the file well be download and add to the broadcasting software queue

    I am looking at including a Video/audio on demand service and a podcast service the links could point to the file on your website

    Hal wrote:

    Hal :hal:

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘The Files’ is closed to new topics and replies.