Forums Archive Non RPG Chatter Fun Stuff Merry Christmas from Lindsay

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Thing
    Admin
    • Drider
    Wellard wrote:
    Saw one on Tv last night

Woodcock inside a Grouse inside a Pigeon inside a Pheasant inside a Partridge inside something I don’t remember inside a Chicken inside a Duck inside a Goose inside a Turkey cooking time about 14 hours.Now thats what I call excessive

I’ve seen the 3 nested birds before. Perfect meal if you are sponsoring a vegetarian.

Thing
    Admin
    • Drider

Oh, and since it is the 22nd, happy Cephalopodmas everyone.

riddles
    • Succubus

Just read through the receipe that mch posted.

1. It looks bl**dy difficult to do all that boning (oh er! 😛 )

2. Assuming you don’t want more than a normal portion of meat, it actually looks quite nice! 🙂

Not for this year I feel though…

Thing
    Admin
    • Drider
    riddles wrote:
    Just read through the receipe that mch posted.

1. It looks bl**dy difficult to do all that boning (oh er! 😛 )

2. Assuming you don’t want more than a normal portion of meat, it actually looks quite nice! 🙂

Not for this year I feel though…

Oh, they can be quite tasty, just a pain to prepare. There are a few shops that will do the boning for you, or you can pick one up ready to cook

B
    • Orc

yayz for heart attack in a meal! one night of year its fun to throw the healthy eating rule book out the window.

Keener
    • Drider
    Wellard wrote:

Woodcock inside a Grouse inside a Pigeon inside a Pheasant inside a Partridge inside something I don’t remember inside a Chicken inside a Duck inside a Goose inside a Turkey

Thats nothing in the middle east for weddings they will sometimes take that whole lot and stuff it into a lamb, into a goat, into a cow, into a camel. A FREAKING camel now thats going out of your way to kill animals just to prove that your at the top of the food chain. (and I love it!)

😈

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear
    Lindsay wrote:
    Wow, a heart attack in a meal…

Actually turkey and chicken are fairly lean meats, as is duck if you take the time to prepare it properly. The heart-attack comes from the gravy. 🙂 mmmmmmm

Thing
    Admin
    • Drider
    mchvlichldprdgy wrote:

Actually turkey and chicken are fairly lean meats, as is duck if you take the time to prepare it properly. The heart-attack comes from the gravy. 🙂 mmmmmmm

The time I had it it was prepared with a pate between two of the birds and something else I coudn’t identify, but it was delicously decadant.

Lindsay
    • Succubus

Actually sounds nice, if a little rich. I love pate though, so id be happy with that bit…

We are going to a friends for Christmas dinner, and i beleive he is cooking Beef.

On Boxing day, Hal and I are cooking for Richard (new player in the WLD game aka my boss), his girlfriend, Dave (ToEE) and Steve.

This is our first real year hosting, and as i seem to have been bitten by the cooking bug, we are having a range of canapes as starters, and roast Lamb for our main dish, with lots of roast potatoes, and lovely veg. Im making a kickass trifle, Steve is bringing mince pies, Richard is bringing cheese and Dave is providing brandy….looking forward to it lots.

Anyway, hope you all have a lovely Christmas, its been a really nice year, meeting you all and stuff 😳

Lindsay

Thing
    Admin
    • Drider

mmmm, tasty sounding stuff, Lindsay.

I’m making a cinnamon bread pudding and some snacky food that basically is basically ham and beef slices rolled around a spicey artichoke & cheese spread as my holiday food contribution.

ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

My folks and inlaws are cooking. so it’s smooth sailing here. Christmas morning they are bringing stuff to pop in the over and we supply the coffee and OJ. I love to cook elaborate dinners, but not this Christmas.

I too have enjoyed getting to know everyone on the RPGMP3 and on the forums over the past year.

Everyone enjoy the remaining days of 2005!

Wellard
    • Orc

Sounds like Lindsay is getting the nesting urge. 😆

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • The forum ‘Fun Stuff’ is closed to new topics and replies.