• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kehaar
    • Commoner

Hello,

I also have a developing fantasy campaign world I need to map.

I also have very little artistic ability and even less IT savy and even less cash. I’ve baby so very little time to learn a new piece of software.

This includes one significant urban settlement and a desert/irrigated river rural setting. The majority of the map is blank and being filled in play.

Can anyone recommend a good easy to learn and cost effective tool to do this in a format I can share with my online players?

Thanks

Anonymous
    • Owlbear

The Temple of Time games from this site are also on YouTube and I think the stuff they use for maps has been pretty cost effective, if not free. I think it’s the kind of thing where you get better with practice too!

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

If you are actually looking for a mapping tool to create professional looking maps I have used a couple of things in the past.

Campaign Cartographer – its really powerful and makes amazing maps but it is also pretty spendy.

Dunjinni – also pretty powerful and makes excellent dungeon layouts (not as expensive)

I believe they both have free trials so you can test them out…

Alternatively, you could hand draw and scan and then clean up digitally in a photo editing package…

Hal :hal:

Anonymous
    • Owlbear

Here’s a decent bunch of mapping software links. 🙂

Some sound quite old school and straight forward.

Kehaar
    • Commoner

Terrific, thanks folks.

Anonymous
    • Owlbear

There’s a google community that looks good for gaming map making here!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General RPG Stuff’ is closed to new topics and replies.