Forums Archive Non RPG Chatter LARP Maelstrom

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

As a vague overview, I would like to point your attension in the direction of the UK run LARP (or LRP) Maelstrom.

It is professionally run in the UK (with full time staff and everything). Lindsay and I are currently trying to amass enough interest to get a group to go down and play from here. So if you happen to be there you might meet us in person 😛

Just thought I would mention it to get conversation started in here 😀

Hal 🙄

Kevin
    • Orc

Yeah, well my ‘good’ friend jenny of my site said if I ever come to england that I’m going to have to try it with her, or something like that. I only really know about whate she told me.

Curse my living on the west coast of america.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Round here most of the LARP is contemporary (Vampires and dark future stuff), but it is nice now and again to run around and belt folk with long bits of rubber (in a legal way).

Hal 🙄

Kevin
    • Orc

Heh, sounds like fun.

WhiteKnight
    • Gelatinous Cube

Is immense fun. We used to scare the bejeesus out of the people out rambling in this area on the Sunday mornings when we used to LARP regularly.

I miss it sometimes, but then I remember all the cold mornings meeting in the Richmond wind-tunnel at 9:00 on the Sunday morning after the night before (there was always a night before :lol:), and then it doesn’t really bother me that much. . .

The_Nalic
    • Orc

I did attend a maelstrom event last year and randomly bumped into evil rich and neil w (for those bradfordians who might have a clue who i mean) it was great but not good for newbies, they really didnt explain a lot to you so basically if you werent already part of a group you juat kind of had to wonder around til you found somone charitable enough to adopt you. Might try it again this year, then again i could go camping without the silly costume, it’d be a lot cheaper!

PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear
    WhiteKnight wrote:
    Is immense fun. We used to scare the bejeesus out of the people out rambling in this area on the Sunday mornings when we used to LARP regularly.

I miss it sometimes, but then I remember all the cold mornings meeting in the Richmond wind-tunnel at 9:00 on the Sunday morning after the night before (there was always a night before :lol:), and then it doesn’t really bother me that much. . .

I remember those days, so long ago…

Balgin
    • Succubus

I actualy used to live roleplay with Tim Prow (and have his signiature on various player experience cards and item credit slips). He looked like the same Tim Prow who used to be on the White Dwarf team so it’s fairly safe to assume it was the same guy (he was really fast, athletic and scarily acrobatic).

Now what I want to know is if it’s the same Tim Prow who’s been sculpting miniatures for Reaper recently or not.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘LARP’ is closed to new topics and replies.