Forums Archive Non RPG Chatter Introductions Lurking no more

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    ScaleGraze
    • Orc

Hello everyone,

I thought I’d come out of the shadows and contribute to the community of the site here. I’ve been around for a while and feel like I know many of the contributors personally (you must get that a lot).

Signing up here has caused me to reflect over the years and remember many of the great moments…

There was the beginning with “stick of power!” and “Bragdor Poke!” not to mention “BALAZAR!” and the incredible brokenness of Steve’s half-dragon’s monstrosity.

The illustrious site owners move to Texas brought about the abomination that was Glenn’s dwarven bard (I dare not attempt to spell his name)

There have been the many good times with the BAG people, as well as the Whartson Hall-ers… and the incredible and shocking role-playing moment in Dogs in the Vineyard (I think it was the second session)… you know the one.

There have been so many moments, and so many more people coming on board delivering up podcasty goodness for many-a-year that my memory seems to be overwhelmed at trying to recall any more.

I suppose I wanted to take this moment of introduction to pay homage and respect to all the people involved in this place, from Hal, Lindsay, and Ruby, to all the contributors, to Keener, Thing and Pencil Monkey… to you all….

Hi, I’m Tim 🙂

And I sincerely hope this is the longest post I ever make 🙂

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Thats a rather awesome introduction 🙂

Welcome welcome 🙂

So happy you stepped out and decloaked.

Hal :hal:

MelkiorWhiteblade
    • Owlbear

Hello and Welcome!

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer
    scalegraze wrote:
    …the incredible and shocking role-playing

Hello! Have you listened to any of the Yorkton Gamers’ recordings yet? They’re incredibly shocking roleplayers. 😀

Thing
    Admin
    • Drider

Hi Tim!

Welcome aboard!

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

Welcome welcome! It’s always good to have more people de-lurk.

ScaleGraze
    • Orc
    Hal wrote:
    So happy you stepped out and decloaked.

Thanks, do we just throw them on the bed?.. Or did I miss the coat-hook by the door?

MelkiorWhiteblade & Thing: G’day!

Pencil-Monkey wrote:
    Have you listened to any of the Yorkton Gamers’ recordings yet?

I have actually been meaning to the minute they play something other than Pathfinder 🙂 nothing personal, just a little D&Ded out. Having listened to most everything else, I’ve been starting to explore yet more of the contributors on the site, so I’ve stumbled across the Strand gamers, which lead me to listening to their burning wheel game, which preceded research into burning wheel… which lead me to buying Mouse Guard…. wow, that happened! You guys really deserve kick-backs from the game developers.

It is strange though, I always feel this resistance to beginning with a new group, as I’m not sure if I’ll like them -not that I’ve ever really disliked a group- and besides, I already know all the people from my old favourites. It’s like slipping on old comfortable shoes 😳 sorry for the crap analogy.

Anyone relate though?

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer
    scalegraze wrote:
    Pencil-Monkey wrote:
    Have you listened to any of the Yorkton Gamers’ recordings yet?

I have actually been meaning to the minute they play something other than Pathfinder

inspectres___team_america__ghost_police_by_mokkurkalfe-d4xmiqy.png

The YGGernauts have indeed played several sessions of non-Pathfinder games. If you wish to sample a tiny morsel before you download, your tastes can be catered to.

If you like those, try the YGG 2011 Halloween Special while you’re at it.

ScaleGraze
    • Orc

Why thank you Mr. Monkey, those had quite slipped my notice.

They will be added to my listening schedule post-haste.

I look forward to getting to know Lockhart and the gang.

Fin
    • Thri-kreen
    ScaleGraze wrote:
    My first is chainmaille

Hey that’s my schtick! 🙂

th_SilverandNiobium.jpg

Alright, Im convinced you’re not a sophisticated bot and about to try and sell us WoW gold or knock-off handbags 😆

Welcome to the harsh bright light of decloaked reality!

Fin:twisted:

I know I took the quote from another thread but my reply fits better here. 😉

ScaleGraze
    • Orc
    Fin wrote:
    Hey that’s my schtick! 🙂

Ha! It’s good to meet someone else while not on theringlord.com forums… not that I’ve been around there for an age.

That’s some pretty byz, is that anodised aluminium, titanium or niobium? You can’t post pics without stats 🙂

Fin wrote:
    Alright, Im convinced you’re not a sophisticated bot and about to try and sell us WoW gold or knock-off handbags 😆

Wow, you must have get some pretty organised spam around here! That’s some forward thinking… to sign up, make a couple of posts, wait four years and only then pollute the airways with bacon and spam.

Fin wrote:
    Welcome

Thank you, it is a honor.

Also, Spam

Fin
    • Thri-kreen
    ScaleGraze wrote:
    You can’t post pics without stats 🙂

20g AWG 1/8″ Sterling Silver and 20g AWG 7/64″ Anodised Niobium from TRL

This 2nd post about fills my average quota for the year so Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 😆

Fin 😈

ScaleGraze
    • Orc
    Fin wrote:
    This 2nd post about fills my average quota for the year

I was surprised when I realised that you had decide to grace my introduction thread with your presence. I am most honored 🙂

Fin wrote:
    Anodised Niobium from TRL

Ah, I think I have some of that lying around somewhere. I haven’t really unpacked and organised my stuff since I got married ~2 years ago. I buy most of my supplies from TRL. I checked, and to get what they call ‘bright aluminium’ here in Australia, it cost less than half the price to buy it from Canada and ship it here than it does to buy through an Australian supplier.

If I can persuade you to earn some posts-in-lieu (not sure how well that translates), what kind of stuff do you make? Bits and bobs, jewelry, costume armor, combat armor?

Fin
    • Thri-kreen

I have used The Ring Lord for much the same reason, just have to hit the sweet spot of over $100 USD to get the 10% discount but not so high as to trigger Customs Duty at £135 Stirling. Also not ordering anything too heavy and keep shipping in airmail weight range.

I have been making dicebags for a few years, several frequenters of this site and Yog-Sothoth.com have their own examples of these. In the past year or so I have moved more into the jewellery side. Never made armour, seems like a lot of work for a single piece.

If you are on Facebook I have a few pics posted there.

Can’t post again ’til February, Hope you’re happy 😆

Fin 😈

ScaleGraze
    • Orc
    Fin wrote:
    Can’t post again ’til February, Hope you’re happy 😆

Think of it as earning yourself an extended break if it makes you feel better 🙂

As for the facebook thing, I’m afraid I deleted my account as I never visited the thing and many people asked me why I attend important events I was ‘invited’ to.

But I’m beginning my first forays into it again, having started a Google + account and discovering that it was designed by someone with a little more sense 🙂

If you’re on G+, then I’d love to swap stories, alternatively I suppose we can do it… ah, I mean swap pictures… *that can be taken the wrong way too*

Look, just click on this link, it has a few photos of stuff I’ve made and a couple of horribly embarrassing posed shots with yours truly:

Seriously, Thing & BJB, with smutty punsters like you around, do you have any idea how much harder you make everything… aw bollocks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The forum ‘Introductions’ is closed to new topics and replies.