Forums Archive Non RPG Chatter Miniature Painting Looking for Silver Age Sentinels minis

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    BigJackBrass
    • Drider

The Internet isn’t solving this problem – shock! horror! – so I’m hoping that someone out there in RPGMP3 land might be able to:

At the Whartson Hall game last week (playing Necessary Evil with Weasel at the helm) we whipped out a battlemat and used dice to mark out the positions of our characters. Now, we don’t often use minis, so the few I’ve collected over the years have been largely amusing diversions in painting, but since we seem more likely to want them in this game I thought I’d see what I have in the superhero line. No orangutans in battle armour, unsurprisingly, which is what I’m playing, but I do have almost all of the old Reaper Silver Age Sentinels line, produced roughly six years ago for Guardians of Order. The only set I’m missing is the one of these guys:

IronWalkers.jpg

They’re Iron Walkers, the robotic sidekicks of the mechanical villain Iron Duke. I have him, but not the little fellas. Each blister apparently included two of these figures, as they’re smaller than the rest of the line.

Can anyone put me onto a supplier? Thanks in advance.

nittanyjohn
    • Orc
    BigJackBrass wrote:
    The Internet isn’t solving this problem – shock! horror! – so I’m hoping that someone out there in RPGMP3 land might be able to:

No orangutans in battle armour, unsurprisingly, which is what I’m playing…

Actually, BJB, you’ll find a whole bunch of monkey-types in power suits here…

http://www.rackham.fr/index.php?option= … Itemid=310

They are from Rackam’s prepainted plastic AT-43 line that came out a couple years ago. Not sure of its popularity in the UK but you can pick them up pretty cheap here in US stores / websites. Perhaps one of these fits your simian nature?

Quote:
    They’re Iron Walkers, the robotic sidekicks of the mechanical villain Iron Duke. I have him, but not the little fellas. Each blister apparently included two of these figures, as they’re smaller than the rest of the line.

Can anyone put me onto a supplier? Thanks in advance.

How about this?

http://www.trollandtoad.com/p152374.html

Maybe searching for “Robot Army” instead of Iron Walkers might help you out.

Hope this helps.

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

Thanks for the suggestions. The Rackham minis are interesting, a bit heavy-duty for my character but they look as though a little work could make something very passable. I’ll check eBay and the like for singles.

As for the Iron Walkers / Robot Army, I’d found the Troll and Toad site and unfortunately they’re out of stock. I started by searching for “Silver Age Sentinels” and I’ve been trying various permutations including “Guardians of Order,” “Miniatures” and “Reaper,” but alas so far this one set eludes me. Possibly one day somebody will put a few up on eBay.

Thanks again.

Balgin
    • Succubus

Ironwind Metals(Ral Partha under a new name) might serve your needs. As might the various Battletech minis. You could always check the Reaper back catalogue to see if they’ve been discontinued or are still available.

Quote:
    They are from Rackam’s prepainted plastic AT-43 line that came out a couple years ago. Not sure of its popularity in the UK but you can pick them up pretty cheap here in US stores / websites.

They’re overpriced (and thus not too popular). They convert the price from dollars to euros and then from euros into pounds which makes them more expensive than if they’d just converted it from dollars to pounds straight away (pretty daft roundbaout way for a French company based in France to be doing business really). They’re pretty much the only heavily armoured monkeys you’re likely to find in the sci fi genre at the moment that are easy to get hold of.

Those Rackham Prepaints are actualy multipart (but fully assembled in the box). SO pieces could easily be removed.

smithmeg
    • Orc

Another possible starting point for conversion …. the War Ape from WotC D&D minis line (War of the Dragon Queen Set)

WarApe.jpg

There’s a Buy it now on ebay.uk for 2 of them for 3 pounds (plus 1.75 postage).

or, I can send you some for the cost of the postage (which will be more than the total the ebay shop is charging).

Because of the type of plastic they are made from (it’s pretty flexible), it’s easy to cut off bits (or add other bits with green stuff or super glue).

If you go for the ebay shop, it might be worth taking a look through their star wars minis while you are there, incase there’s a suitable looking body you can just steal to add the monkey head to.

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

Armoured gorillas are surprisingly easy to find. Amazingly enough, so are gun-toting gibbons and winged monkeys 😯 Unfortunately for me, Clancy is an orangutan (and doesn’t carry a chaingun, apparently the de rigueur weapon of choice for the fashionable primate) and the best option I’ve seen so far is to slap some Milliput on a Britains model 😀 I’m sure I’ll find something to represent him; he’s not really a priority and I may end up just making a “Cardboard Heroes” type standup for him.

Regarding the Silver Age Sentinels minis, yup, they’re out of production and no longer listed by Reaper. I can find some useful alternatives, but I’m hoping to find the “official” Iron Walkers eventually to complete the set. Thanks for the help, everyone.

Isis
    • Succubus

Given you’re looking for an orangutan, are there any Discworld Librarian minis suitable?

Balgin
    • Succubus

Would you like me to ask on FOD for you?

WHilst the Forum of Doom is mostly centered around the products of the four British based FOD companies (Heresy, Hasslefree, Eolith and Black Scorpion) the members are quite friendly and willing to make various miniature suggestions if someone makes a “I’m looking for …..” kind of thread.

If you’re feeling okay then give me an as detailed description as you like and I’ll have an ask around.

Black Scorpion do an

orangutant with a pistol but he’s not really wearing the armour that you’d want.

BigJackBrass
    • Drider
    Isis wrote:
    Given you’re looking for an orangutan, are there any Discworld Librarian minis…

Yes there are.

Isis wrote:
    …suitable?

Sadly not. A lovely sculpt, but not quite the armoured supervillain I envisage 😀

librarian-001a.jpg

Balgin, thanks for the offer. I’m not especially concerned about finding a suitable orangutan mini, really; my main focus is tracking down the Silver Age Sentinels Iron Walkers, but if anyone on FOD knows where I can find those that would be great, thanks. Details as mentioned, Silver Age Sentinels series by Reaper, sculpted by Sandra Garrity, Iron Walker figures, circa 2003.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Miniature Painting’ is closed to new topics and replies.