Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter Whartson Hall Gamers Jaws of the Six Serpents Session 01

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Whartson Hall return to the table with a little bit of fantasy stuff…

Jaws of the Six Serpents Session 01

Filesize: 46MB

BigJackBrass wrote:
    Jaws of the Six Serpents session 01: “Honey badger? We don’t need no stinkin’ honey badger”

[JawsoftheSixSerpents.jpg

The first session of gaming after a lengthy break sees Whartson Hall tackling Tim Gray’s Jaws of the Six Serpents, a classic swords and sorcery fantasy RPG using the PDQ rules.

The traditional rag-tag band of adventurers manage to find themselves between two hostile factions, even miles from anywhere in the middle of the desert.

The Players:

John (Weasel): Shem the Nifty

Sara: Nyarlena

Martin: GM

Jon: Dragar the Fat

Ross: Cain Swordsmith

Community Podcast Updated!

Hal :hal:

Keener
    • Drider

I missed the Hall thank you Hal and WHG.

MelkiorWhiteblade
    • Owlbear

Ooh the cover art has really drawn me in already. Looking forward to listening. Thanks!

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Maracas and ukuleles and chocolate-covered grubs, oh my! Thank you Hal and Whartson Hall Gamers. 🙂

Hafwit
    • Thri-kreen

Woo! Thank you very much. 🙂

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

The game system is based on PDQ, variants of which you might have heard us abusing in our Truth & Justice and Swashbucklers of the 7 Skies games some time ago. If you like the sound of it I thoroughly recommend picking up a copy and dropping the author a note; I had the good fortune to play in a game with him at the UK Games Expo a couple of years ago and he’s a lovely chap, deserving of some praise for a great sword and sorcery game.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer
    Hafwit wrote:

Hey dude, you’ve been rather quiet lately; busy in real life, or just patiently waiting for the Whartsies to pop up again? 🙂

Thing
    Admin
    • Drider

As always, very fun to listen to.

Slartibartfast
    • Gelatinous Cube

Loads of fun! It’s inspiring me to introduce my group to PDQ now 🙂

Hafwit
    • Thri-kreen
    Pencil-Monkey wrote:
    Hafwit wrote:

Hey dude, you’ve been rather quiet lately; busy in real life, or just patiently waiting for the Whartsies to pop up again? 🙂

A bit of both, I guess. 😳 Anyway, I’m glad to be back. 🙂

Just ran a quick session of a fantasy-hack of Apocalypse World. Great fun.

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

A little delayed, the second session of Jaws is being uploaded to the mighty RPGMP3 Babbage Engine right now and should be rolling out to the main site in a few days. As soon as the remaining couple of sessions make it to the patrons’ area I’ll get them ready for a main site release too 🙂

Kris
    • Commoner

I’ve only just got round to listening to this, and (since I’ve gone into de-lurk mode) I thought I’d drop by to say that it makes me sad to I think that I’ll never get to hear of the exploits of ‘Seth Hulkman the barbarian’ (he of the very high face) in future episodes 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Whartson Hall Gamers’ is closed to new topics and replies.